Xenon or not Xenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenon or not Xenon

If you have not got AFL then they are halogen.. To match the DRL 5000K is the best match. I had 8000K first and found them too blue..the intellilink will read out texts not emails. And finally you need a special tool to adjust the washer jets.. eBay is your friend

Should have said I fitted a HID kit to match the DRLs don't know what the best match is if sticking with halogen

Comment

Welcome along. Get yourself a photobucket account (free). Upload your pics to there from your photo stream. Once loaded press the wee i icon and select IMG code. Click and it will copy them in this thread click paste and pic will appear. Simples. By the way we won't believe you till you post pics so better get on it!

Comment

Hi and welcome to the asylum. As Scotty alluded to, we need pics, pics and more pics otherwise it is pure fantasy. You say it is new, do you mean new, or just new to you?

Comment

That's a halogen bulb Xenon has no filament.. All you need to know at thread below

http://www.insignia-...topic=13585&hl=

Comment

Read the complete thread. Don't let the first part scare you.. Simple job don't need to remove the number. If you buy the lush lighting kit it all fits in the original housing

Bumper. Same problem with spellchecker :-)

Comment

It will fit.. I have done mine..great mod to do and the difference in light output is nothing short of amazing.. Factory fitted unit is completely different. Lots of sensors motor etc.. As far as I am aware the ballast is part of the actual bulb but not 100% sure about that.

Comment

No issues with heat either. HID's run colder than halogens. I have opened the housing after 100km driving with the lights on and parts only hand hot

Comment

I have this on my intellilink for texts.

It cant read emails but will read/show (shown only when not moving) texts but I cant get it to send them.

Comment

Ability to send txt depends on handset. It is working as designed the way you describe it. If you are using an iPhone replying from intellilink does not work. Issue is with the iPhone Bluetooth software not the car

Comment

The text option is only there since MY15 build software.(Jan 2015).??Previously the display shows a phone with a microphone. If you have the phone with a microphone icon on the display then you have no text option for any phone model. If you have the text icon as picture above then you have the feature but with restrictions if you have an iPhone

Comment

Defie, on 25 April 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:
                        Ability to send txt depends on handset. It is working as designed the way you describe it. If you are using an iPhone replying from intellilink does not work. Issue is with the iPhone Bluetooth software not the car

It is an iPhone 5 that i have but I don't really use the text/phone feature in the car anyway so I'm not to bothered by it but at least that's one mystery solved

Comment

Graemewatp, on 25 April 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:
                          Excellent, I think the biggest problem then I'll have with the lights is trying to explain to my wife why I need them lmao.

I don't have that text option on my unit,I have an iPhone so that probably explains why I can't do this
                          dont tell her,,,,just change them she won't notice
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

You won't regret it.. Difference is astounding when you compare to the factory fitted halogen "candles"

Comment

I have afl in my car, the factory 4.3k is bit yellow for me, after coming from 6k hid kits. I be changing to 5k xenon when i get round to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X