Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macky Parking Notice Argh...

Hi chaps,

I have received a Parking Charge Notice of ?100 by MET parking services for overstaying at a McDonalds Car Park (Westen Favell, Northampton). The stay is limited to 90 mins, and i was there for 113 mins. The CCTV photographed my car entering the car park and then exiting as evidence.

Basically me and my wife took our nephew and niece to Macky to grab something to eat, well with kids they take their time eating and when we finished eating, we saw there was a childrens play area, so in they go, and we waited till they they finish playing. A fun day out i say. 9 days later (back to present day) i received a parking charge notice from their parking firm. Parking stay time is only 90 mins so how can i not go over if there is a kids area, what do you chaps think i should do.

I'm not the only one who got done for it.

http://www.northampt...mpton-1-5994179

https://www.facebook...228020364050371

Cheers.

yea i got done in mc ds car park should of read the notices as i parked for 3 hrs, it was a 60 pound fine, i just paid it. i contested it with mc donalds but they dont have anything to do with it.

Comment

Throw it in the bin. Do not make any contact with the company

The 'invoice' is to the car not a person so can't be held up

Google parking charge notice to see the laws

I've had many over the years and never paid one.

A sign does not form a contract is the basic law terminology

Comment

Yep bin it

Comment

So you guys think i should just ignore it / appeal for it. I shall have a word with the store manager see if they have anything to say about this.

Comment

CHUDLEIGHPAUL, on 15 May 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:
            Ignore it, they will eventually apply to the DVLA for the ownership details. When they write to you just say you were not driving it on that day. No offence has been committed and only the police and the council can insist on being supplied with the driver details.

They did send the letter by post, they obtained info from DVLA.

Comment

CHUDLEIGHPAUL, on 15 May 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:
              Just say you weren't driving the car on that day. Then ignore everything else they send you.

Off course i would like to just ignore it, unfortunately according to the second paragraph on this page i would be held responsible if i don't provide the drivers detail.

http://www.parkingco...peal-or-ignore/

I am just trying to gather all the evidence i can before i write to them and how unlawful their notice is.

Comment

Vini, on 15 May 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:
                There's example responses to letters in the links I supplied.

I always used to think ignoring all correspondence was the way, they used to say responding was acknowledging the contract or something. Luckily I've never been in this position. Typically, I've only ever been caught by the council :S

Thanks Vini, just having a read through.

The third link is all council, not found any private ones yet.

Comment

I would follow Vini's advice and head over to Legalbeagle where they have a resident expert on Parking Charge Notices
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Thanks guys i shall pop over to Legalbeagle and see what they say.

Comment

We had one because of where my wife parked her car at work. 60 quid fine. Didn't pay it. As we are in Scotland the law is different. They get you under a law that applies only in England and Wales. Therefore not applicable in Scotland. I phoned the company first time and explained this and she still tried to say it was Latin Scotland even though their own literature that accompanied the letter stated it was. She was told politely to bugger off. We got about another 10 letters but ignored them all. If you googled the names of each company that wrote to me from parking to sheriff officers all came from the same address! Cowboys. Don't pay it! Only council or police tickets are enforceable in Scotland. Not sure about England.

Comment

Scotty, on 15 May 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:
                        We had one because of where my wife parked her car at work. 60 quid fine. Didn't pay it. As we are in Scotland the law is different. They get you under a law that applies only in England and Wales. Therefore not applicable in Scotland. I phoned the company first time and explained this and she still tried to say it was Latin Scotland even though their own literature that accompanied the letter stated it was. She was told politely to bugger off. We got about another 10 letters but ignored them all. If you googled the names of each company that wrote to me from parking to sheriff officers all came from the same address! Cowboys. Don't pay it! Only council or police tickets are enforceable in Scotland. Not sure about England.

The same over here scotty after reading up. It is an invoice for demand of payment and not a penalty fine (like the ones issue by official authority).

Comment

I'm just waiting to hear back from Legalbeagle.

Comment

2cdti, on 15 May 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:the point of the parking charge is to allow them to " recover the losses they've suffered", that's a lot of Happy Meals !Thanks to a court decision they can recover what they want, not just the actual losses http://www.bbc.co.uk...-essex-32429649

Comment

m8internet, on 15 May 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:
                              Did you find out who the land owner is?

I'm sure I read that you contacted McDonalds, but they claimed it wasn't their Car Park, is that correct?

Car Park signs do constitute a contract, but only when payment is made in advance or on a controlled exit

In Scotland such notices were deemed to be extortion, but that is due to change shortly (thanks Scottish Government)

When is this due to be changed? I bin these fairly regularly as they are not enforceable in Scotland.

I've been keeping an eye on this and i haven't seen anything that says they will be enforcing them up here?

Comment

Working...
                              X