Air Con smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drew View Post
    I don't turn mine off now. Mechanic told me thats what caused the pump to seize on my Vec c. The fluid is also a lubricant. Leaving it off does it no favours apparently.
    Your mechanic is right. It is recommended that it gets used at least 10mins weekly, even in the winter. Mine is always on, even the Vectra, that hasn't needed a re-gas in about 4 years because it works so well, no leaks or smells because the system stays lubricated.

Comment

True, taught myself a lesson being too tight to just leave it on! I noticed a works car we had a few years ago, I think a mk2 Ford Focus, always defaulted to on. Must have been for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
        True, taught myself a lesson being too tight to just leave it on! I noticed a works car we had a few years ago, I think a mk2 Ford Focus, always defaulted to on. Must have been for the same reason.
        I remember it was a big thing years ago about it using so much more fuel having it on Now you say that, I'm sure mine does it by itself too that's why I don't even check anymore...might have a look at what the owners manual says

Comment

Had all Sri's. I was used to the stiffened suspension , this new one seems softer in the suspension, took a while to get used to it, but now that l am it's a really nice, quiet, refined car from the last insignia. I had the upper level LCD display in the old one, parking camera and sensors front and back, sat nav, mouse pad and rain sensor, so I've gone for the same spec in this one, but with extras, took a bit of searching, but finally got one with all the toys

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
            I'm sure mine does it by itself too that's why I don't even check anymore...might have a look at what the owners manual says
            Yeah, I think when the climate control is set to Auto the aircon stays on and you just choose the temperature you require etc. Mines always on Auto, so probably why it's never off.

Comment

Likewise, 2 v6 sri vec b (2.5 and 2.6) sri 150 cdti Vec c, sri 160 cdti Insignia a, as you say initially this feels softer but so composed.

Comment

Two 2.0l Vectra bs hatchback and estate, one Vectra C 1.9 Cdti 150, two insignia As 160 bhp and 140bhp 2.0 cdti and now this silver bullet. No more messing with the gears just takes off and flies through the gears

Comment

Working...
                X