I Thought It Was Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Thought It Was Me

Unfortunately there are a number of forums like that. I think on here the mods allow the banter to flow and will only step in if it gets out of hand or as you say, a few start to get on at one member. This is, after all, a public forum used by adults.

Some of the things I say about my siggy would get me banned on a number of other car forums. Also not many forums would allow a mod to have a completely different make of car. I get ribbed for it but I will, eventually get into another Insignia......I promise.

Been on loads of "clannish" forums,,,didn't hang about them for long,,,,can honestly say this one has to be the best I've been a member of,,,,,good advice and humorous
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Am lost for words. what a bloody good read that was. Anymore??

Comment

Your not kidding. I used to fly RC Helicopters (still have an interest just not the money) and there was always the elitist bunch (5 or 6 members) that if you didn't own the latest & greatest model with all the top spec then you shouldn't really be in 'their' hobby.

New members would post up asking for advice, a regular member would recommend a decent budget kit (RC Helis are really hard work and aren't for everyone) that meant if the hobby wasn't for them they didn't lose out too much money & this pack would come along and demand that you spend ?5k on top of the range gear and if you didn't then you should not be flying.

It used to disgust me but I finally realised these guys don't actually have a life or any real friends and that they took great pride in bullying anyone they could on the forum.

Thankfully the main UK forum I used was run by a stand up guy who never took any of the pack bullying antics, they were banned fairly regularly and eventually forced to leave however there is always more of them around the corner.

Comment

Russ, on 18 October 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:
          Am lost for words. what a bloody good read that was. Anymore??
          To many words for me

Comment

I've been on a few forums like that over the years. One in particular caused me to lose my cool and travel down to where he lived to speak to him face to face after he and his kangaroo court removed my comments (which broke none of the forum rules) and then went on to ban me because my opinion differed from his. Needless to say he didn't want to speak when I knocked on his door and he wouldn't open it.??I expected as much and left when he threatened to call the police if I didn't leave but I genuinely wanted to speak to him and hadn't drove all that way looking for trouble. Internet forums and comment pages on others (i.e newspaper sites) are riddled with these keyboard warriors who probably wouldn't say boo to you if you were having a discussion in the same room together.

I post comments as though I were speaking to someone in the same room. I always try to be respectful to others.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I sometimes go on an Audi??site and there is some one called scotty something and he is a right w@nker if i have ever seen one

Comment

You love a conspiracy theory buddy!!

Comment

I like boy bands

Comment

Always knew there was something strange about you.

Comment

Dont you lot up there still love the bay city rollers then

Comment

Nah, Wet Wet Wet! ;-)

Comment

conno57, on 19 October 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:
                          Dont you lot up there still love the bay city rollers then :P/>

Who

.Scotty, on 19 October 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:
                          Nah, Wet Wet Wet! ;-)

And again,whooo.
                          sigpic

Comment

Have your balls dropped yet? Youngsters!!

Comment

What about these then every one knows who these are !

https://www.youtube....h?v=KZojpl-p_5A

Comment

Working...
                              X