Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring diagram for Insignia prefacelift too facelift upgrade.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	242670

This poc is for standered light change

Comment

Doing that wiring job allows you to use flash with out having the lights turned on... as preface computer system isnt programmed to work with facelift headlights to use flash without main beam on

Comment

Thanks m8 what diodes do I use also did u manage to get the leds to dim wen lights are on and take u do this to both lights

Comment

I just used normal 12v diodes... can get them off ebay... also i chopped the wiring off a dead car for the light plugs with extra wire to do all my work on and then spaded the wires and plugged then into my original wring plug if you dont want to chop into your original harness. And they automatically dim yes

Comment

Did u put resistors on the leds to stop the errors

Comment

Haha yes that is correct... they arent needed but that is what they are for of ya want that to stop

Comment

Are the diodes 5w 12v ? M8

Comment

Sorry about all questions new to me do the diodes go a certain way wen solder them into loom like - + like

Comment

Following....
                    I bought AFL facelift xenons for my prefacelift

Need it sorted soon as I get them

Any help

Comment

Originally posted by simongidley View Post
                      I have done the face lift... its not a complete straight swap as you have to change the headlight support brackets to suit the new bumper, as well as the grills, fogs (but these work on the same foglight wiring as its same bulb), bumper foam and bottom spoiler is also different. As for the head lights you need to do some wiring to get the high beam working with out your main beam being on. As the old headlights have to bulbs one for main/dipped and one for high beam. The new style run off one bulb for both. But your high beam wire runs the flap inside the headlight that allows more light to pass through the lens. And then also you need a resistor for your led side and drls as for the canbus system. I can tell you how to wire up your headlights so it all works as it should using diodes and resistors but its up to you if you want to cut into your cars wiring or use some plugs like i did off a scrap car and spade them into your cars original plug
                      I’m have trouble finding the brackets needed for preface to face. Are you able to give me a part name/number for them, where to find them please.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X