No announcement yet.

Do facelift lights fit prefacelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a look! No old bumper is not straight swap. There is a kink on the facelift under the light. This is the first difference i noticed, there may be others, but if you fit new lights with new bumper it will probably work as differences are all at the bottom end.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah I think that's the only difference the slight kink in the bumper by the lights.
      sigpic

Comment

I would certainly be interested in the lights .... was just away to buy some but they are now out of stock .

Tried to pm you but your not accepting any more messages .

Are your current lights chrome or the black ones and hids fitted etc ?

Cheers

Comment

Steviegard, on 29 January 2016 - 04:38 PM, said:
          Well I was trying to be polite and not pushy or impatient. But okay.

I'm just stating my interest in the lights IF they even come up for sale ... ....as you have.

I'm really not seeing the impolite or pushy or impatient part ???

But Okay

Comment

Calm down calm down ...

They are the black ones.. Will need to double check my posts on here but I think roughly about 8 months old... Could have that completely wrong though...

Got HIDs fitted about a month ago. 5000k 55w I believe.

I wasn't looking to upgrade to facelift but the ones I came upon was new lights and a bumper for ?180...(Good price I think)??Anyhow the lights have been sold separately: he did say he was getting more lights on sat (tomorrow) so I will call him then and see what happens... If I can do the upgrade for a reasonable price I may consider it but I like my front end already so not to bothered if it doesn't happen.

If I do go ahead and my lights are for sale I will mention on this thread first.
            sigpic

Comment

Steviegard, on 29 January 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:
              That's cool. Sorry Proz. I see you mentioned before on a post about looking for a set of these. I can keep looking.

It's cool .??I'm not in a hurry either but I do need to do something about the shocking standard halogens.

2xcite is getting stock of the black lights in February/March and the chrome ones round about April so there should be some around in a few weeks at the worst.

Comment

I have done the face lift... its not a complete straight swap as you have to change the headlight support brackets to suit the new bumper, as well as the grills, fogs (but these work on the same foglight wiring as its same bulb), bumper foam and bottom spoiler is also different. As for the head lights you need to do some wiring to get the high beam working with out your main beam being on. As the old headlights have to bulbs one for main/dipped and one for high beam. The new style run off one bulb for both. But your high beam wire runs the flap inside the headlight that allows more light to pass through the lens. And then also you need a resistor for your led side and drls as for the canbus system. I can tell you how to wire up your headlights so it all works as it should using diodes and resistors but its up to you if you want to cut into your cars wiring or use some plugs like i did off a scrap car and spade them into your cars original plug

Comment

And how about changing prelift xenon afl's to facelift xenon afl? Should be do able looking at lamp plug (both looks the same), yea I know bout bumper and prelift have D1s - facelift d3s but thats shouldnt be a prob i hope since electric harness would be the same.

Comment

Not sure how you would get the cornering light to work on the new one, not sure if or where they have cornering light

Comment

Well hope it works same way as in the prelift. Cornering bulb is in the same place looks like no problem job but that would be 2 easy.

Wysłane z mojego LG-D855 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Comment

I thought the facelift has AFL ver2 which mighy use different signals to control the beam patterns?

Comment

Yea guy on other forum bought his insignia with facelift mod and he told that afl is not working. Looks like bcm need programming for new headlights

Comment

Never going to work.

Comment

Why so sceptic?
                              Dude on other forum made a test and it worked, afl leveled at start and no error was given. Was just temporary connection because he didnt had much time for fully swap but it looks very promising.

Comment

Hi what wires need to be change m8 all help would be appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X