Road tax changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road tax changes

I Haven't had time to check this out yet but it looks like we're all going to pay the same road duty. I just caught on radio 4 that all car drivers will pay the same flat rate of ?140 a year whether that be for a guzzler or a currently free to tax eco model. The only drivers who won't have to pay are electric and hydrogen.

I don't know if these are proposals or due to come into force. Anybody else heard anything about this?
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

I aint heard anything about it but personally I think it is totally fair as we all use the same road and cause the same damage. Emissions mean nothing to the road condition. May go out and buy a guzzling petrol best in the form of a VXR hahaha

Comment

That's been around for a year or so now. Minimum road tax will be 140 per year after April 2017. Not for car bought before that. Only car bought on or after that. Only cars under X co2 will get reduced road tax. It's less than the current 99g of Co2.

Comment

its only going to be for new cars purchased so if you have bought your car already and its ?30 that stays like that

so I'm lead to believe and if it does come into play like it says the VXR will come down from ?490 to ?140 VRX sales will go through the roof ha

TEAM HEKO WIND DEFLECTORS - Group buy now live ! go to for sale section for more details!
        2016 Insignia SRI NAV 170 VXLINE in power red
        Mods - Custom plates / Xenons 6k

Comment

It sounds like a fairer system. It's not really going to affect me in my current car (I'll lose out on a fiver) but when I get a 5.0 Mustang in 2017 I'll save a fair bit
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

But the first years road tax will be different and the 5L mustang will cost ???? to insure to start with. After the first year they're all ?140.

Don't see why expensive cars are more to tax. Seems unfair really when that car could be the most economical on the road. Just shows it's about money and not the environment.

Comment

I was joking about the mustang. It's just a dream for me I'm affraid.

Yeah the more expensive cars are going to cost £140 plus a levy for the first 5 years from registration I think. It's just to get more money from those who can afford it I suppose.

Comment

Yep, but if you buy a VXR new, for instance, you will pay ?2000 in the first year, then ?140 after that; as per??below.

VED car tax bands for cars first registered from 2017 onwards Emissions (g/km of CO2) First year rate 0 ?0 1-50 ?10 51-75 ?25 76-90 ?100 91-100 ?120 101-110 ?140 111-130 ?160 131-150 ?200 151-170 ?500 171-190 ?800 191-225 ?1,200 226-255 ?1,700 Over 255 ?2,000 Cars above ?40,000 pay ?310 annual supplement for five years

Comment

Working...
                X