X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing Guide and Colour Specific Product Suggestions

Gaz, on Aug 1 2012, 11:11 AM, said:Had a little update on request

Thank you

I totally agree. Snow foam and demon shine mine once a week before it gets covered in crap again the next day

Comment

Renllek, on 07 November 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:
      How long should it take to clay a car?

i picked up one of the meguiars clay kits to give it a go. now bearing in mind the car is 4 years old and probably never seen a clay bar, it took me 45minutes to just do the bonnet until i could no longer hear the sound of contaminates being 'picked up'

i could certianly see the differnece after i have put the polish and wax on but im a bit concerned that i am going to need the best part of a day to do the rest of the car?!
      Took me 3 hours the first time and 2 hours the second time, i suppose if you do it often enough it becomes easier to do and you will get more confident.
      I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Colour specific products? Do these have any colouring agents in them? If not then they are not colour specific. Shampoo clay compounds polishes waxes and sealants work on the clearcoat so should make no difference what colour your car is. Maybe if they actually had colouring agents in them then they would make a difference but they dont.

The aim on claying and polishing is the make the surface of the clearcoat flat and smooth as glass so it reflects light better. Wax and sealants are a protective barrier from the elements. If you have prepared your clearcoat perfectly then you shouldnt be able to see the difference between waxed and unwaxed paint unless you pour water on it

Comment

There are certain products that do show darker or lighter cars better. For example, Poorboys Blackhole works extremely well on very dark coloured cars. I tested it on my wife's silver car and it was crap. Dodo Juice Purple haze is also better on dark cars as is Prima Amigo. White cars show up better when you use Werkstat Acrylic products. So in conclusion, some products do suit darker or lighter cars but I'd agree that they are not totally colour specific.

Comment

and a lot can change in three and a half years

Comment

Last stage product, weather that be a wax, sealant or any other kind of protection.

Comment

I used Megs car show glaze #7 on a relatives car yesterday, it was pretty good but Gtechniq C2V3 is just as good and easier to apply also the beading is crazy.

I`ve stopped buying wax due to the lenght of time it takes, i can do the whole car with a sealant in 15 minutes.
                I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

There use to be masses of forces guys on here. A few old Mods were.

Comment

Get some CarPro Cquartz UK edition and reload. You'll not go back to wax or sealants.

Comment

I use reload Scotty, really easy to use but my only complaint is, when misting onto the panels, it inevitably ends up on the glass and smears terribly. I have to clean all glass after using it which is a pain when time is precious.

Comment

Cheers for the heads up. Will be ultra careful.

Comment

I love waxing and I'm a big fan of glazes and sealants but reload is a great alternative to a wipe over with a QD after a maintenance wash.

Comment

Markymarcus71, on 05 December 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:
                            I love waxing and I'm a big fan of glazes and sealants but reload is a great alternative to a wipe over with a QD after a maintenance wash.
                            If you like a QD you have to try Sonax, never seen water behaviour like it in my life.

Comment

Yeah, heard good things about sonax, could be my next QD purchase.

Comment

Working...
                              X