Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading the antenna

Hi guys,
    How is weather there in England ? It’s still sunny here in Egypt.
    I have base line category and as you know the radio antenna is like the spike on the roof, and I like the shark fin of the top line category, can I upgrade or the wiring will not suit the shark fin antenna ?
    Thanks all.

weather is sunny today ,but the temperatures are on the decline
    marko301 may help you ,im sure he fitted a sharkfin to his facelift
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Mine was a cheap aftermarket one from Ebay. Once you unscrewed the aerial from the base you bolted the wire onto the base from the aftermarket sharks fin and then stuck the sharks fin over it using 3M tape. Reception was ok around my local area but dropped off when you drove further afield. If you normally use DAB then it won't be affected because the DAB aerial is located in the rear screen. This it the one I had https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...item23a6fb521b The colour wasn't bad but I painted it anyway.

This is what it looked like on my car after I'd given it a couple of coats of Power red paint to match my car
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        Mine was a cheap aftermarket one from Ebay. Once you unscrewed the aerial from the base you bolted the wire onto the base from the aftermarket sharks fin and then stuck the sharks fin over it using 3M tape. Reception was ok around my local area but dropped off when you drove further afield. If you normally use DAB then it won't be affected because the DAB aerial is located in the rear screen. This it the one I had https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...item23a6fb521b The colour wasn't bad but I painted it anyway.

This is what it looked like on my car after I'd given it a couple of coats of Power red paint to match my car
        I know the type you installed and it looks very nice Marko but I want to get the one which is OEM for the top line category.
        Do you have any data regarding the original antenna wiring ?
        BTW your car is amazing , god bless it.

Comment

Ah ok well in that case you could struggle. I think the OEM ones are for the Bluetooth or GPS not FM. The FM aerial on models with a sharks fin as standard is also built into the rear screen along with the DAB aerial.

Yeah long gone that car now......My current one came with a sharks fin as standard.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

OK I got you Marko and thank you so much, god bless your new car and saves you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hisham El Zanatti View Post
              OK I got you Marko and thank you so much, god bless your new car and saves you.
              Tuck ariel in headlining and have a shark fin

Comment

Working...
              X