Preface Siggy Factory Navi Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
    Did you first try to pull the cable all the way back to the direction of the windshield and then behind all the way down? It is indeed to short when you not do this. (but if you want it there no problemo off course)
    No not tried that incase it got lost and I can't find it again. Lol. But it still be too short to where I want it.

Comment

sriray: Do you also have a highly irritating ticking/clicking noise when you make a phonecall through your unit via Bluetooth? The click occur when there is a silence in the audio.

Comment

Not called anyone on Bluetooth yet. Have you brought a similar unit

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          Tried but signal is not very strong. It's never been strong with factory unit and this has made it worst. But yeah as mention internet radio should be an alternative or new radio antenna.
          You then have to buy a Fakra one with an amplifier.

Comment

Not called anyone on Bluetooth yet. Have you brought a similar unit
            Exact same one.

Comment

Ok cool.

Comment

I seen somewhere in canbus settings you can change the mute voltage output maybe that will sort it

Comment

I seen somewhere in canbus settings you can change the mute voltage output maybe that will sort it
                  Yes, you can change it but it makes no difference at all at my unit.

Comment

So what things is not working on yours. We can share our experience.

Comment

I have to give the Bluetooth calling a test

Comment

Preface Siggy Factory Navi Mods

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                        You then have to buy a Fakra one with an amplifier.
                        Can an aftermarket signal booster be fitted to the unit or does that and the whole aerial need to be changed?

Comment

off course, well, were shall I start....It’s a crappy jelly bean android with a customized Rom. There is nothing almost you can change. Before you can change anything you need to be root user. To do that you need to root it, you can soft brick the device but on normal android devices that is not a problem because when you enter recovery mode with a combination of hardware buttons you can reflash it with original stock Rom, here comes the problem: Is it even possible to enter recovery mode without the original Rom, is it even possible to enter recovery mode from outside the booted software. Well, I found out that my English is not that bad at all compared to the person in Hong Kong which I am asking all these questions. My findings so far:

1 irritating clicking noise when calling through bluetooth. Maybe when flashing rom to android 6+ problem disappears.

2 The top bar with all the shortcuts is not changeable. This lies not in the launcher of android but in a separate piece off software. and you need to be rooted or superuser.

3 I am using tom tom and you cannot configure this as default navi app which makes the shortcut on top useless.

4 music shortcut on top useless, not using app

5 Radio app shortcut, useless, radio reception is very crappy. I already tried the fakra with transistor and 12v signal to re activate the antena amplifier which does not work. So only way of upgrading reception is to put in a new fakra antenna with amplifier, on the other hand I upgraded to unlimited data and now I am using internet radio, so that is sorted more or less.

5 there is almost no information to find about these devices. It comes without a decent manual, and the manual which is shipped with it does not provide info about the connections.

6 there is some kind of volume mixer/eq in the settings, nice, but it only works with the stock radio and music app, so if I use spotify or online radio, the mixes will not work on these apps! No bass boost, fader, treble, bass, balance etc etc. this is very crappy. Again, when superuser and flashed another rom, these things will be gone because these are problems due to a crappy customized rom based on a old version of android.

7 on the bottom there is also a nice widget with info about the airco and fan and temp. Also build in not in launcher and not changeable, after that, the temp up and temp down are not responding, also fan rpm lower higher not functioning, and yes, I have the right Canbus

There are also alot of positive things but it has no value of mentioning them here, you need to now the cons if you want to buy it. All the good things of a tablet, you now have in your car that on the other side is very positive off course.

I have the stock ROM now and an Updated ROM, both from the supplier in Hong Kong.

Important to mention: Supplier tries to be VERY helpfull, It is because of the language problem that communication is often a problem, on the other hand, the persons itself from the suplier are trying to be very helpfull and are replying fast to questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
                            Can an aftermarket signal booster be fitted to the unit or does that and the whole aerial need to be changed?
                            You can use an aftermarket aerial booster without a problem, I think you do not need to get the aerial all the way through to the roof, I think that behind the unit, all the way back to the direction of the windshield you will have a good signal, the only question is: Is the headunit good enough (aerial based) to use this booster and aerial and translate it to a good enough signal? that I do not now because I am switching to internet radio. I do know that you will get a Fakra adpater with the unit and it is plug and play but the signal was Veeery crappy, I could find one station.

Comment

Agree on all those you said. The supplier is from China different to Hong Kong.
                              I'm having a hard time communicating with them and is getting very frustrating. The person you speaking to is the name Candice?

The issues I'm having

1. No mirrorlink software.

2. Door open diagram not matching up to actual door opened.

3. Radio has crap signal.

4. Bluetooth phone software very basic.

5. Sent me 1 full usb cable and 1 mini A usb cable and you can't even use a mini A cable in as it has a bit where it sticks out.

6. 2 usb is not enough

7. No external SD card slot

8. The Speedo is not changeable to mph

9. The inbuilt es file manager shortcut has disappear from the desktop.

10. The climate controls panel cannot be minimised resulting some apps cannot display the full screen.

Comment

Agree on all those you said. The supplier is from China different to Hong Kong.
                                I'm having a hard time communicating with them and is getting very frustrating. The person you speaking to is the name Candice?

The issues I'm having

1. No mirrorlink software.

2. Door open diagram not matching up to actual door opened.

3. Radio has crap signal.

4. Bluetooth phone software very basic.

5. Sent me 1 full usb cable and 1 mini A usb cable and you can't even use a mini A cable in as it has a bit where it sticks out.

6. 2 usb is not enough

7. No external SD card slot

8. The Speedo is not changeable to mph

9. The inbuilt es file manager shortcut has disappear from the desktop.

10. The climate controls panel cannot be minimised resulting some apps cannot display the full screen.
                                Yep, Candice, that’s her

Maybe I can help you with a few points.
                                1. already tried to download it in the playstore?
                                2. Did you use the right Cabus? you need the one with Regal in it.
                                9. You can reinstall it using playstore. When you want to have the shortcut back on the desktop you push the app and hold it till tou can let it go on the desktop.

Comment

Working...
                                X