No announcement yet.

Dash cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had halfords fit a dashcam to my insignia b, not had any problems. The only thing I did was to pay extra for a hard wire kit that runs off of the obd port that has a parking setting on it. The only reason for this was I got tired of coming back to the car after shopping to find a new scratch.

Shop the latest The BlackVue OBD Power Pro Cable is the quickest and simplest way to power your BlackVue dash cam. at Halfords UK

For me it was worth the extra £20.

Comment

• Likewise, got Halfrauds to fit my 522 in my GS. I opted for the rear camera module that plus into the main unit, as I had heard that a hard wired camera on the rear screen can interfere with DAB reception, and it's bad enough around here already! As you say, £30 is well worth it.
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteH View Post
        Likewise, got Halfrauds to fit my 522 in my GS. I opted for the rear camera module that plus into the main unit, as I had heard that a hard wired camera on the rear screen can interfere with DAB reception, and it's bad enough around here already! As you say, £30 is well worth it.
        I have the 522 with wired rear camera and I can’t say I get interference with the dab.

The annoying thing I have found with the 522 is when you go to save a file it does it from when you press the button and not the file before when the incident took place!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteH View Post
          Likewise, got Halfrauds to fit my 522 in my GS. I opted for the rear camera module that plus into the main unit, as I had heard that a hard wired camera on the rear screen can interfere with DAB reception, and it's bad enough around here already! As you say, £30 is well worth it.
          If i do end up with any problems with the DAB then i can grab a ferrite ring or two from work and fit to reduce any potential issues.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

• There are 2 things I found
            1) rear camera is the size of a golf ball and mounted on a strong magnet where you can adjust angle so far it has not moved but seems a weak point to me .
            2) Alexia functions, once connected to your phone you have to say the phrase "alexia ask my dashcam " followed by your command.
            Rather than just saying "Alexia start recording " blah blah .which confused Alexia and me .
            But it was easy to fit and set up , and just get the right micro SD card .
            I thaught anything as high as class 10 U1 would do
            You require class 10 U3
            But that was my mistake.
            10-4 rubber SD card !

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• Originally posted by CTID Hants View Post
              My problem is i have zero confidence in myself, if it were my old Saab, yeah maybe but on a car that (hopefully by this time next week) I've spent £11k on i'm not so sure!
              I even managed it and I'm useless plenty help on here buddy
              siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

• Can anyone share which fuse locations they used in a GS for the parking cable? Or is it worth Halfords sorting that too?
                Thanks
                Ferret

Comment

• Originally posted by Ferret View Post
                  Can anyone share which fuse locations they used in a GS for the parking cable? Or is it worth Halfords sorting that too?
                  Thanks
                  Ferret
                  Sorry, i don't know, i beleive it is one marked "Aux" but don't quote me on that!!

I ended up with Nextbase 422GW and also the rear golf ball camera, as soon as Halfords are back fitting, i will be paying the £30 which IMHO is definitely worth every penny.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Working...
                  X