Bi xenon in Halogen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bi xenon in Halogen

Just bought my facelift vx line auto nav and already getting ready to personalise it .

Got to say the facelift headlights are a huge improvement over the prefacelift lights due to the projector lenses but feel like many xenons at 4300k-4600k brightest, are the way forward.

I aint looked inside the headlights yet but assume there is no dipped beam bulb, maybe i am wrong but if thats the case then i may buy bi xenons, they were amazing in my Audi.

Anyone know if its just the main h7 or is there a dipped bulb.

Just one bulb does both jobs,,are they halogens or afl lights
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Halogens buddy, great that means it has to have a shutter and we can fit bi xenons whoo hoo , first mod ordered , why have standard xenons when you can have bi xenons.

Will be ordering 4300K-4600K best for brightness as am sure you know buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by VXLINER View Post
        Halogens buddy, great that means it has to have a shutter and we can fit bi xenons whoo hoo , first mod ordered , why have standard xenons when you can have bi xenons.

Will be ordering 4300K-4600K best for brightness as am sure you know buddy.
        yeah they have a shutter mate,,think its 9012 bulbs you need,either leds or hids
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

nice one defo buying the bi xenons then, just getting back into the insignia, last one i had was a prefacelift so there has been a few updates, i knew the pres very well, and every issue you can think of i had long before anyone else, now i notice the issues i had are all coming to light for everyone else. Anyway looking forward to gaining some new knowledge on the facelifts.

I am sure plenty on here have done the usual xenon hids, but i would defo recommend anyone doing xenons should go AC and not buy the DC, way safer and last longer.

BTW liking you colour choice .

Cheers

Comment

yeah I went for 5500k to try and match the drls ,but are factory xenons ,not the halogen lights

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              yeah I went for 5500k to try and match the drls ,but are factory xenons ,not the halogen lights
              Hi Guys I hope you dont mind me jumping on this thread, I have just bought a 2016 Insignia Design, and both my Sidelights and Headlights
              are like pathetic Glow Worms, my car is fitted with Halogens, can you fit Xenons into the Halogen Headlight/Holders ?, are they MOT Legal, what are Bi Xenons ?? I have never heard of them
              what gives a nice bright White light, personally I dont like anything with a Blue tinge about them, can you give me Brands of Bulbs, Type Numbers, and Colour temps
              for White lights, I have looked at my Comic User Manual, it has no bulb types listed, most refer to dealer fit, is there not a bulb chart available somewhere ??
              sorry for being so long winded..

Comment

Well to be honest unless you have headlight water jets and self level no, only usually cars that have xenons ( hids ) from factory are legal you will notice that they also have a round lens too, in saying that one of the mates also just bought an insignia with headlight washers but no xenons, must be winter pack or somit.

There are a lot of muppets driving around with non projector ( round lens ) headlights, xenon hids in and blinds people, but many do this.

Xenons work best with the projector lenses, which the facelift has, they are very easy to fit as are the bi xenons same fitting just a different bulb, essentially high and low beam xenons instead of just dipped, looks real good. Will be doing mine soon enough. Do you have the prefacelift or facelift, i feel you may have the pre. I did notice the pres were like candles in jam jars.

As for fitting bulbs in the pre, dont listen to the dealer etc, its easy with practice , i proved a point one time when they tried to charge me over £80 for turning a bulb, they said their procedure was to take off the bumper, i then asked the technician to come out and watch me as i took it out and replaced it 3 mins flat. He was bemused .

Comment

Hi Mate my car was first Regged May 2016, so would I be right in assuming it is a face lifted model, so looking at the bottom
                  half of your reply to me, looks like im good to go with a conversion halogen to bi xenon ?

Comment

i would say, if you want brightness the higher the kelvin which is the rating of the bulb the lesser the brightness the bluer/purple they are, stay with a low kelvin, iirc my german cars have been 4300k-4600k nice a bright. Also stick with an alternating current ballast AC dont go direct current DC.

Comment

Originally posted by VXLINER View Post
                      in saying that one of the mates also just bought an insignia with headlight washers but no xenons, must be winter pack or somit.
                      Limited edition spec gives headlight washers but still have crappy halogens

Comment

Yeah actually your correct he did buy the limited vx line model, has an interior trim I ain't seen before, like hammered steel for the usual trims, looks nice.

Comment

One other question, many cars have a hid ballast holder on the back of the headlight, can anyone tell me if the face-lift factory xenon headlight has a holder or is it the ballast built into the bulb set up, would like to make things look factory.

Have noticed some of you have placed all the gubbins into the headlight, but I would prefer at back of headlight in a holder for easy access.

Comment

the ballast on the facelift factory xenons is fastened to the outside of main body of headlight

Comment

Cheers exclusiv, does the headlight have an additional bracket or does the ballast secure to existing fixtures

Comment

Working...
                              X