install door speaker wires, how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• install door speaker wires, how?

I have put focal speakers in my doors just using aftermarket connectors, but i think they will benifit from an amp.

I want do it properly using suitable grade speaker wire. I have been racking my brain and trying different ways. I just cannot find a way to get speaker wires from the door to inside the car or vice versa.

Has anyone pictures or a clear description of what route the wires need to go for each door?

Thank you

Hi,There is a man on here that may help you:
    Russ
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Al be honest its an arse to do if u want the factory look through the sealed bit then u have to peel it away we used a trim removal tool and squeezed the cables through. 1 door took about an hour

Comment

Really confused as to where the wires will go
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
          Al be honest its an arse to do if u want the factory look through the sealed bit then u have to peel it away we used a trim removal tool and squeezed the cables through. 1 door took about an hour
          i have removed the rubber that goes from the door to the body, but it looks like the wires join the main body via connection blocks. There is a small gap underneith which i have tried threading the cable through (you can see red circle on picture). However i cannot workout how to get it to or where it can come out in the footwell. What am i doing wrong? I have only tried the drivers side. I am hoping the passenger and rear doors are easier.

Any further advise you can give would be great.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200620_193913.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	247432

Comment

You have to tease out the trim panel and thread the wires through there yea thats the only hole that u can get it through

Comment

Working...
            X