No announcement yet.

Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The engineer contact we have is the main contact for prelingcar. Think he is bit stuck on the issues we are experiencing.

Comment

• Originally posted by sriray View Post
      The engineer contact we have is the main contact for prelingcar. Think he is bit stuck on the issues we are experiencing.
      So he does not have a solution.. are you asking him about the shortcuts or music cutting out?

Comment

• First it was navigation cutting out music he don't seem to understand even though I sent him a video of the fault, and he ignored the issue after that.
        Second is mirror link, after being persistent, he eventually sent me an update that contains mirror link but this is a older fw image.
        I now ask him to send me the latest update file and he seem to me ignoring my messages as he read but no response.

Comment

• You should contact him with the same issues as this is not on (right) selling a product so buggy.

Comment

• The engineer Zhang seems just as incompetent as Candice. I want to know who made the custom interface as I don't think is him just by speaking to him doesn't fill me with confidence.
            Last edited by sriray; 02-03-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• We have to probably find it out ourselves because I think they don't make the ROM's themselves. And I have put a lot of searching hours in this unit and this specific one is no info to find.

Comment

• sriray: Update, please edit first post with new link if you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                  We have to probably find it out ourselves because I think they don't make the ROM's themselves. And I have put a lot of searching hours in this unit and this specific one is no info to find.
                  You probably right. They don't seem to know that much about the Rom.

Comment

• Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                    sriray: Update, please edit first post with new link if you want.

https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...418#post276418
                    Added to first page

Comment

• sriray: Update, also please add to the first if you want to

Comment

• Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Allright, I definitely found a working solution to resolve all the problems with shortcuts, apps disappearing, double shortcuts (had a few times now), etc. This solution is also making the interface a LOT faster.
                        Only disadvantage: you losing the car with open doors en speed and rpm on the interface. Best advantage: you can revert back very simple!! The app names "Nova launcher". You have to have root. You can customize the whole launcher at your wish. All the shortcuts are there, you can put them everywhere you want. Some pics below.

Tell me what you think.

Comment

• That is great news best news I heard so far. I don't mind losing door diagram and the car image.

Comment

• Can you install background widgets on there?

Comment

• Yes. Check out this https://youtu.be/vPZmfSL9afE

Comment

• One tip: if you try this, disable scrollable background right away in nova, otherwise you constantly gonna have a black background, our hardware can not cope with this

Comment

Working...
                                X