No announcement yet.

Fitting reverse parking sensors guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a very good How-to, thanks for all those who added any input. I will be going for sensors, but would like a recommendation as to where to buy them. If ebay is the best place, can someone suggest a seller please. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Petermayer, nice to have a recommendation. Just one thing, does the buzzer sound OK? I would hate to have to endure one that sounded like a Dalek being castrated.

Comment

Ordered a set today, think I'm going to remove the bumper, does anyone know if I need to do anything before drilling the holes? Masking tape etc?

Many thanks

Comment

Thanks for the advice Mark, will do that. Are these scotchlok things pretty self explanatory? Feel a little nervous about fitting them and connecting to the reverse wire, don't want to do anything wrong hehe

Steve

Comment

Mrd yes I was wondering if the sound would be heard, I will leave it on a long lead and experiment.

Steveh, Scothloks are a doddle to use, but any auto electrician would never use them. The "proper" way is to use solder, but whatever you use, just use common sense to make sure it's secure. I am assuming there is a line fuse included, if not I would incorporate one. I am about to order mine now (I love my toys).

Comment

might be a silly question but I've seen some cable lock connectors 15amps in Halfords, Will these be suitable? sorry for the loads of questions

Comment

Might be a silly question but where abouts would I solder it to? Many thanks

Comment

Thanks very much for all the advice. Looking forward to fitting these thurs

Comment

Just to let you know I fitted mine yesterday, look and work great and probably would have never of done it if wasn't for this site so just wanted to say thanks too all for the great advice.

Steve

Comment

Hi all, my friend wants some parking sensors fitting which I'm going to do for him, his car is technical grey, which colour would you recommend I get for him?

Many thanks

Comment

Hi all, my friend wants some parking sensors fitting which I'm going to do for him, his car is technical grey, which colour would you recommend I get for him?

Many thanks

Comment

Sorry for the double post, don't know how that happened!

Comment

Got mine fitted too, easy job, but heart wrenching to have to drill into a pristine bumper

Thanks to all who advised, I am well chuffed.

I also wanted to mention, the dimensions in the How-to were brilliant, but the height of my bumper was slightly lower, so I did have to lower the holes a few mm, otherwise the top of the flange on the sensors would stick up over the top curve. Please don't think I am criticising the excellent article, I just didn't want anyone blindly drilling before checking.

Comment

The Maroon ones from Cisco are perfect for Pomegranate red cars.

Comment

Gwengineer, on 10 September 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:
                                If you have a manual no need to start the car to the test parking sensors

1. turn the ignition on but don't start the car

2. put the car in reverse

3. test the sensors

job done

This works with auto as well (I've done it!)

Comment

Working...
                                X