Any Astra Connoisseurs On Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Astra Connoisseurs On Here?

Any help appreciated here. My son has now gone back to Afghan for another 9 months and he wants me to sell his Astra VXR for him (by the way, this is not an advert)! Anyway I think he may be deluded with the price that he wants but I'm not completely sure.

He's selling the VXR which is 2007 and converted by Thorney Motorsport costing ?7k for the conversion alone. The question begs is it worth ?12k now which is his aspiration. I suspect not but I could be wrong. To be honest it's not the car for me hence my

Insignia Elite but you know what youngsters are like these days!

What do you guys reckon?

He's got all the paperwork/invoices for parts etc and it's recently had a new turbo and head gasket. After

Thorney's conversion it's pulling 300bhp I think.

You're right though gringo, it needs the right person to come along.

I must be getting old as I had a go in it the other day and didn't get past 3rd as it was too easy to

wheelspin and Recaro seats ain't my cup of tea, I'm more into comfort myself!

Comment

I think it's got a new exhaust, livery all over, the inside trim is bright green, alloy wheels, racing discs and calipers, different radiator although I don't know what kind and some bits replaced on the engine but????don't know what they are. I'll have to have a look at the paperwork.

Comment

Thought I'd seen this before, is it not the TMS ltd edition here - http://www.thorney.m...ed_Edition.html

Comment

Kervaig, on 10 April 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:
          Thought I'd seen this before, is it not the TMS ltd edition here - http://www.thorney.m...ed_Edition.html

Yes it is. But still as it's not an official model I think the ?9k end would be your best target

Comment

I think it was a limited edition conversion No 12 of 14 but I have to agree with you all as you've confirmed my suspicions that he's asking too much for it.

Comment

A 60bhp increase for ?7k isn't that great, you would get approx 40bhp from just a map. I think he would bet about ?8-?9k for it in all honesty but it does depend on what someone is willing to pay.

Comment

Working...
              X