Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday morning ritual

Right then, cleaning the car.

1. Empty car of rubbish and take the kids seats out.
    2. Hoover car inside and then refit kids seats.
    3. Dust dashboard.
    4. Wet car down.
    5. Sponge off body work random car shampoo I've had in the workshop for a while.
    6. Rinse off then dry off excess water with micro fibre cloth.
    7. Scrub wheels with alloy cleaner that I suspect is TFR.
    8. Stand back and admire handy work.
    9. Swear profusely because it's gone f***ing streaky.

Any one got any hints on how to stop it streaking?

Have you ever waxed your car? that'll help stop the streaking. Maybe you're putting too much shampoo in your bucket or you live in a hard water area which sometimes doesn't help. Firstly I'd try a good polish then wax to see if that cures it.

Comment

Well I went out an bought a clay bar kit at the weekend. I've been offered a hand by one of the guys at work to clay and polish the car on Saturday so we'll see how that goes.

Comment

They're brilliant but hard work. I'd do a crap job on your bit so your mate keeps offering 😁

Comment

Might be worth putting a bit of wax on it after the polish to give it the finishing touch. Also makes future cleaning a bit easier.

Comment

Well he's won course competitions before so I know he can scrub a car up well!

Comment

Oh nice, hope it all goes well. I clean my car every weekend too because I can't stand a dirty car so i know how you feel .

Comment

My old rover got washed about every other solstice so this all this cleaning is quite new to me!

Comment

I often fall out of bed on a Sunday morn(ish) and see the car needs a clean..

So I go play golf and then go to the pub...
                  sigpic

Comment

Right. Finished work at one today and went round to my mates, washed her off and we've spent the best part of two hours each working on the clay and then waxing her off with dodo juice. All I'll say is holy f***. The paint feels smooth as glass and I think the missus could do her makeup in the reflection! I'll post some pictures up later on.

Comment

haha yeah it does make a massive difference. I polished and waxed mine the other day.

Comment

A new definition for the opposite of matt.

Comment

Well this weekend I got her washed, and then spent about the same amount of time drying her off. That seems to have been the trick for getting rid of the streaks. I'll post some pictures up later if I remember!

Comment

As promised, not my best as it did streak abit.

And then less then 30 mins later, f***king winged rats!

Comment

Looks good, a few more cleans and i'm sure it'll be spotless. It's just the way cleaning your car goes. Clean, dry, step back and smile then start screaming at the birds

Comment

Working...
                              X