auto door locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto door locking

Hello everybody my name is Chris I'm from northern Ireland and this is my first post I'm not that experienced with forums and posting so apologies if it's in the wrong thread. I have a 2009 SRI 160 TDI NAV. I bought it a few months ago and I'm really enjoying the car. However I think I have a problem with the car not locking itself anymore if I forget to do it(between forgetfulness and getting my son and his pram organized) it still locks itself after a few minutes if I press the unlock button and don't open the door but iv noticed that it no longer locks itself when the key is removed and the doors are closed. I have went through the power door lock settings and tried all possible combinations. I really liked having this feature as I can be quite forgetful it gave me peace of mind know that if I couldn't remember locking it that it will do it itself anyway. Any help would be great thanks.

Hi and welcome .
    the car will only lock itself ,if no doors have been opened etc,is this what you mean ?
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Chris! I haven't heard of the Insignia locking itself after removing the key. Is it keyless entry? If it isn't I thought it only locks itself if its unlocked without any of the doors being opened as said above.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hello and thanks for the reply's. I noticed it had this feature as I usually leave it unlocked when I'm washing the car as I keep cleaning products in the boot but after about 10 mins it would lock itself i also sometimes have my lunch break in the car and it would lock it self with the keys in my pocket when I'm sitting in it. I noticed it had stopped doing it last week when I was able to wash and wax the car and it hadn't locked itself . I went to the beach a few days ago and got that thought of did I lock the car? when I came back an hour later it was still unlocked.I have looked through the configuration settings for power door lock(delay auto locking and prevent doors locking when open. I have tried all combinations of these settings but no luck.

Comment

I forgot to say it hasn't got keyless entry there a few setting for door locks I have a dvd800 nav unit

Comment

Got me stumped then. Hopefully someone else will have the answer.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Not sure on this,if your were sitting in it and your key fell out of your pocket,you got out ,would the car lock at the time?
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean . The first time i noticed it would lock itself I got into the car to have my lunch break the key was in my coat pocket in the passenger seat and after about 10 mins the doors locked and a few moments later the alarm went off when I moved.I have a few setting under power door locks in the config menu. (Prevent doors locking when open and door lock delay ) none of these setting seem to turn it back on but I think there related to it as I can't think why else they would be there. I'm wondering if disconnecting the battery for a half hour might reset it?

Comment

It won't auto lock the door if you unlocked it then got in through the drivers door.
                  If you unlocked your car but not open the doors then the car should lock itself after a short period. Having said that i not sure if mine still locks itself as the time delay is long.

Comment

Yes you are correct the doors will lock after a few mins if I unlock it but don't open any doors. If possible could somebody try not locking there car after opening and closing the door and see if it locks itself after about 10 mins.I definitely think the config settings for power door locks(Delay door lock and prevent doors locking while open) are something to do with it but there not doing anything when I turn them on or off

Comment

Well i definitely know my car won't autolock if i open the drivers door after unlocking.

Comment

It's a strange one I definitely know it used to do because the first few times it done I thought it was great as I always get the thought of did I lock the car? an hour after iv left it and sometimes with the last car(Vauxhall calibra se7 which iv had for 10 years with no key fobs) I did forget and leave it unlocked.do you guys know what the power door lock setting actually do? And just on a side note is it possible to have automatic wipers fitted(I thought all insignia had this feature along with auto lights.

Comment

I often forget to lock mine at work and it stays unlocked until I notice it an lock it. That can be after a couple of hours. Isn't the power door locking setting where the doors lock automatically when you reach 5 or 10mph then unlock again when you turn the ignition off?

Comment

Hello everybody I thought that might be what it's for but it doesn't lock itself when driving off so I'm stumped.when searching online for answers I found a few posts were people had got out to clean something on the car or talk to someone with the ignition running and the car locking itself and the owners having to ring the rac who put a rod down the window seal and push the window controls on the drivers side. So there are plenty of people who have been locked out with the keys inside or still in the ignition

Comment

Copied from the 2012 manual
                              ■ Power door locks
                              -Auto door lock: Activates or deactivates the automatic door unlocking function after switching off ignition. Activates or deactivates the automatic door locking function after driving off. (basically means automatically unlock cars doors after switching off and key removed/car doors auto locks over 5mph)
                              -Stop door lock if door open:Activates or deactivates the automatic door locking function while a door is open.
                              -Delayed door lock: Activates or deactivates the delayed door locking function.

■ Remote locking, unlocking, starting
                              -Remote unlock feedback: Activates or deactivates the hazard warning flasher feedback whilst unlocking.
                              -Remote door unlock: Changes the configuration to unlock only the driver's door or the whole vehicle whilst unlocking.
                              -Auto relock doors: Activates or deactivates the automatic relock function after unlocking without opening the vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                              X