Twed's SRI ecoderv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twed's SRI ecoderv

hello all! Thought i'd do a thread for my siggy as i plan on doing a few bits a bobs to it and I've only had it a couple of months!

it's a 2015 2.0CDTi ecoflex 140 SRi. It's the first vauxhall i've had but driven plenty for work etc. My 03 Audi A4 avan 1.9TDi was falling to bits and cost me a fortune on the last MOT so it was time for it to go before it died completely on me. Seen the siggy when looking for a motor for the other half and liked the look of it and liked it even more when they showed me that it was a hatch back with a flipping massive boot (Bigger than the A4 estate) as i'm not a fan of saloon cars with the letterbox boot opening! They tried to sell me a 1.6cdti vxline nav, it was nice but the 1.6 couldn't pull the skin off a pudding at low revs so went for the lesser spec 2 liter, it would have slowly killed me inside!

anywhoore... here it is just after i got it.

I'll post more once i find a decent hosting site for pictures!

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Well done,,nice to see a few more threads like this,,,
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing the changes. I love watching the factory model personalized to the taste of the owner. Keep the pics coming.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Nice car mate

Comment

Cheers guys!

reet oh, after uploading my pics to many sites and finding they dont share/post to forums properly (massive resolution) i think i've found a decent one.

all of my mods so far are non visual ones (pretty much), first off was LED reversing bulbs that i got for £7 off ebay. - These ones

This is the originals shining onto the house...

Durnig - LED one on the right

And shining onto the house after...

They are batter for reversing when it's pitch black. The view out the back is pish so the more you can see the better!

Comment

Next up was the under seat active sub. It's a Blaupunkt XLF200a. Got it as a gift off my dad and had it fitted in my last car and the new owners weren't getting it so took it out and put it in the siggy!

Much better sound now! might upgrade the door speakers but I can see that being a royal pain in the ham wallet!

Comment

Looking good there buddy!

Comment

Welcome to the site

Upgrading the door speakers isn't too hard really....well the fronts anyway.....the rears you need to either chop part of the internals of the door card where the speaker is, or you'll need to make some shallow adaptor rings, as the rings that are available for the Insignia are too high/deep for the rear doors.

Comment

It's all coming together now. Car looking good as well
                  C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

Next on the list was a tuning box. I really missed the power that my mapped A4 had and it was slowly eating me inside and just had to do something about it. I prefer remaps, had all my cars mapped but wanted to keep the warranty on this as it was only a year old and i know it will break at some point .

I got the Pro+Boost box from Bluespark automotive. This one connects to the rail sensor and boost sensor and tricks the car into thinking its running right (as does all tuning boxes, regardless of cost). It had 5 maps on it that go Economy - Torque - Power and each map has a 1-9 dial for intensity of desired map (variable resistor probably). I have mine on the standard setting of torque and on number 6. to turn it up you need to use a torx bit to open it.

I really like it, it's not bad for a tuning box!! It has made quite a difference to how the car gets up and goes in the lower gears. 5th is better and 6th pulls ok at higher speeds. The ecoFLEX gear ratios are PANTS!

This is box in its box.

This is it wired up (really need to sort the mess though).

And it sits behind the drivers side headlamp in its little protective bag to keep water off it.

Obviously with it telling porkies to the ECU, i'm sure the MPG figures are more than exaggerated but it is doing a little better on fuel when i don't boot it!

Comment

Although these figures may be bollox, it usually does better MPG at higher speeds. my A4 was the same. 70-75 i could get 55+. when i got the siggy, the first trip in it was 64 before the tuning box.

Comment

ordered the bulbs

Comment

Good stuff Gurdip! It hasn't given me any bulb failure messages either so that's a bonus!

Comment

One of the All important mods...

FLOOR MATS!! Got them off ebay, I think they're genuine as they're from Perry's Vauxhall (Huddersfield?). Vastly improve the look of the interior, almost looks more classy. Link below for the ones i got.

Clicky Clickidy Click - Dominic the Donkey

Comment

Got mine from the same place, certainly look the part, just annoyed mine don't stay in place even with the clips in.

Comment

Working...
                              X