Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Insignia 2.0CDTi Cold Start Noise (with video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Insignia 2.0CDTi Cold Start Noise (with video)

Hi Guys,

so randomly this started happening a month ago and would only happen now and then.. today was day 3 in a row of making this noise when starting from cold.
    Rev the engine it goes away only happens on idle when cold

On a cold morning I am greeted with this noise on start up

I used to have a 2.0T Z20NET Vectra and that blew to a timing chain tensioner so I'm very sensitive to cold start noises!!

Getting it booked in later but wanted to see what other owners opinions are!

Update: 12/3/18 - I have done 40k+ miles since first post & still have the noise but car is running fine.

Cam belt done at 97k & noise is still there when cold. Rules out water pump & cam belt tensioners.
    Last edited by cdub; 12-03-2018, 11:37 AM. Reason: updated first post with more info
    2013 Insignia 2.0 CDTi SRi NAV

My Photography - https://www.facebook.com/charleswhitephotography & www.charles-white-photography.com

Mine made this noise today when i pressed the button to clear the front screen so it might be your aircon pump??

a lot of people are posting on the facebook page about this noise and it's apparently a water pump issue.

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Mine has the exact same noise. Been into Vauxhall twice two different dealerships and neither have found a fault.. Let me know if you guys find anything

Comment

Cheers guys... I hate these kind of noises. Never know its gonna be fine or fall to pieces the next time you start it!

My Photography - https://www.facebook.com/charleswhitephotography & www.charles-white-photography.com

Comment

It is annoying mate. Mine has been doing it now since I had it 18 months ago on cold starts but it has never seemed to get any worse

Comment

mine does it for a second or 2 max then it's quiet.

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

yer its not long at all. If you rev the car in neutral as well it goes away

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
                yer its not long at all. If you rev the car in neutral as well it goes away
                OK this is making feel better! as this is exactly the same as mine.. a little blip and the noise is gone but comes back once idling..

Comment

I have the exact same noise! I was thinking it may be a heat shield or something

Comment

Its booked in for Monday next week and I'm leaving it with them overnight. Ill reply with what they say

Comment

Possible bad bearing in a pulley or idler my guess would be water pump they are common to fail
                      I reccomend gates cam belt kit on ebay best you can buy including water pump also could be something on the aux belt

Complete kit and fitted will be about £300

Comment

That's uncanny I was about to start a thread about the same noise in my 63 plate. Only happens on cold start in morning and goes when throttle is blipped after a few secs. Thought about dealer but only happens first thing and for so little time may be hard for them to replicate.

Comment

Mine has just started making this noise also.
                          Will be waiting to see what cdub has to say on Monday when he gets his car back.
                          I have got my fingers crossed that it's not anything serious.
                          Mine is a 63 plate also...
                          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Mine does this too on very cold mornings. 63 plate with 38500 on the clock

Comment

Originally posted by andy1weir
                              mines also does this on really cold mornings, 63plate with 44k miles, is it something to worry about? surely shouldnt need timing belt or water pump at 44k miles?
                              Mine did..

Comment

Working...
                              X