headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlights

I'm picking up my new car on Saturday SRI CDTI (nav) and was thinking about upgrading the headlights (if I decide they need it) I had HID's on my previous car ( non Vauxhall) but I have been told XENONS are the way ahead. Im not sure what the lights are like in the new car as yet as I've never owned an Insignia so need to see them before deciding what to do. Do any of you more experienced Insignia owners have any advice on whats the best way to go if I do decide to change the original ones? would prefer to just one for one the original ones without going down the road of messing around with electrics etc

many thanks in advance

nick

Welcome along buddy, Alot of us have been changed the headlight bulbs to hids and a few to led's, you will be alot better off, alot of info on hear about changing them.

Comment

Welcome! have you got a facelift model with the single projector lamp? if so, then you'll want to change them!! god they're naff!

I bought 6000k HID's for mine and they are much better. No perfect, but a damn sight better!

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

brilliant mate, and thanks very much

Comment

I've got the 2011 SRI CDTI (NAV) model, this is the first Insignia I have owned so not sure if it is the facelift model or not

I did have 6000k HID's on my last car Honda Civic and must admit they made a massive difference

Comment

If it's 2011 model it will be pre facelift..

Comment

so does that make a difference to my options with regards to what lights I can use?

Comment

You want h7r hids. Or replace the headlights with the 2xcite projectors which are plug and play and provide better output with hids

Comment

great thanks very much for the advice mate

Comment

Best bet is to pick up a car with AFL factory fitted as the non AFL (active front lights) headlights are like candles in the wind, legally you can't fit HID's to them as they don't self level. Also an MOT failure and should you be unfortunate enough to come across those random VOSA checkpoints, they will declare your car unfit for the road.

Plus HID'S in a non projector style headlight dazzle the bejesus out of on coming traffic.

AFL (with LED DRL)

Non AFL (bulb DRL)

Comment

Hi p3tchy is it possible to fit afl lights to a non afl car ?

Comment

Nop not possible or would be very very expensive

Comment

Yeah it is possible but costs a fair few quid.. you need to pick up some cheap AFL's then get a company called headlight retrofits to convert them for you... basically you still need HIDS installed it's just the look of the lights you get. I have some in my garage at the moment that I'm going to be getting done in next couple of months

sigpic

Comment

You can retro fit anything but like Mo said the cost would be ridiculous.

The AFL system on these cars is very intelligent. It will adapt to your driving style and also the road/weather conditions.

Say you hooning it down the motorway, the system will know this cos of your speed and lack of steering input, so it will focus the beam pattern as far forward as it can. If your driving in town at relatively slow speeds, it will spread the beam out onto the nearside pavement more. It uses the light sensor, the wiper sensor, the steering angle sensor, the levelling sensors and the yaw sensor all at the same time to constantly correct the beam. Clever ****. As you can tell I'm well happy with my lights. 👍

I held out till I found the right spec'd car as I was insisting on AFL and nav but wanted the SRi and not the elite.

Comment

Working...
                            X