Facelift front grille change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facelift front grille change

Got a new vxr grille for my vxline facelift siggy bumper and need to get it onto the car. Do I need to remove the bumper completely to get the old one off, don't want to mess about with parking sensors etc if I can avoid it. Is there any issues I need to look out for?

It is possible to change them with the bumper pulled forward,but be prepared for a lot of swearing also ,make sure you have plenty of plasters for the skin you'll take off your hands...If i ever change grill again ( i doubt it ) the bumper will be removed
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yeah as above it is doable without completely removing bumper but I have always done it with bumper off and found that hard enough

sigpic

Comment

Bugger I need to man up and get it off then.

Comment

When I changed my grille, I took the bumper off. So much easier.
          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

All the wiring in the bumper goes to one large connector, just separate that and you're done.

Comment

Cheers for all the replies guys, I will have a bash this week.

Comment

Are you sorted Graeme ??
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Not yet mate, the weather and a nippy flu bug has buggered up my plans a bit this week. Took week off to detail the car, fit the grille, get by brakes fitted and calipers painted and a few other wee bits to the car and the house. So far managed to get the car a really good wash then as I got the polisher out it rained again. Might have a go tomorrow if the rain stays off. I have a nice big warehouse at work I can use but hate going there when I am off as I never get peace.

Comment

Right had a quick look at this today and going to have a go tomorrow morning at work. So looking at it am I righ thinking there's the 3 screws in each wheel arch, the 6 bolts up top, 4 poppers underneath and 2 bolts underneath to loosen but not fully remove and the bumper will then pull forward and can come off?
                    Also underneath its the full body colour bit that comes off with it?

Comment

There is also one more screw under car by passenger wheel. Same as ones in wheel arch

sigpic

Comment

That's brilliant mate thanks. Will get some pics if I can as I do it and try to do a how to.

Comment

Well this has turned into a total pain. Went to work early tuesday to get cracking with this and realised that my trolley jack wouldn't fit under the car. Went for plan b and thought i would use the blocks of wood i had kept to get the wheel on to gain height but some eejit at work had skipped them. Got stuck with work stuff so gave up but did order a low profile trolley jack (any excuse). it came today so i tried again and......ended up giving in. Got all the wheel arche screws, the top screws, the clips, the screw under the front left and then struggled to find the bolts to loosen. the underside of the bumper seemed to be free after the poppers came off but when me and my looked we couldn't really see the bolts. The only 2 didn't look like they were affecting the bottom of the bumper but probably are the ones i needed to undo. Ran out of time to play with it so ended up re assembling and due to a lack of free time i might nip along to a local bodyshop and see what they would take to fit for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
                            Well this has turned into a total pain. Went to work early tuesday to get cracking with this and realised that my trolley jack wouldn't fit under the car. Went for plan b and thought i would use the blocks of wood i had kept to get the wheel on to gain height but some eejit at work had skipped them. Got stuck with work stuff so gave up but did order a low profile trolley jack (any excuse). it came today so i tried again and......ended up giving in. Got all the wheel arche screws, the top screws, the clips, the screw under the front left and then struggled to find the bolts to loosen. the underside of the bumper seemed to be free after the poppers came off but when me and my looked we couldn't really see the bolts. The only 2 didn't look like they were affecting the bottom of the bumper but probably are the ones i needed to undo. Ran out of time to play with it so ended up re assembling and due to a lack of free time i might nip along to a local bodyshop and see what they would take to fit for me.
                            Sounds Like a bit of a ball ache. I've just bought a facelift 2016 and wondered what grill did you go for? Any help much appreciated 👌

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz23 View Post
                              Sounds Like a bit of a ball ache. I've just bought a facelift 2016 and wondered what grill did you go for? Any help much appreciated ��
                              Welcome.....how's about going into the new members section and give us a bit of an insight into yourself and the car....maybe a pic or 2 of the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X