Cornering Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornering Bulbs

My sigi is a 61 plate with AFL and the n/s corner bulb has gone giving the Service AFL Lamp error. I've not got the old one out yet but wasn't sure whether I need to get halogon or Xenon. Do any of you chaps know? I'm not looking for fancy blue effects or anything like that just a simple replacement.

thanks in advance
    Brian
    Regards
    Brian

I believe they are H11 bulbs.
    Hope this helps.

Ian.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Thanks Ian they are indeed H11 but they can be either Halogen or Xenon. was hoping to get one before I take the other one out as it's the one under the washer bottle which I think has to be taken out to replace it.
      Regards
      Brian

Comment

Won't be xenon, Factory bulb is just a standard halogen.

Because they fade in and out as you turn or reverse, they need to be halogen rather that requiring an igniter ballast on the xenon.

When you unlock your car and the headlights come on, do you notice the the burst or light and then the bulb settling down as it warms up? that how a xenon (or HID) bulbs works, needs a high Voltage to fire then reduces as it's lit. Would be no good for cornering lights.

You probably want something like these but I would just put a standard bulb in personally.

Comment

Originally posted by p3tchy View Post
          Won't be xenon, Factory bulb is just a standard halogen.

Because they fade in and out as you turn or reverse, they need to be halogen rather that requiring an igniter ballast on the xenon.

When you unlock your car and the headlights come on, do you notice the the burst or light and then the bulb settling down as it warms up? that how a xenon (or HID) bulbs works, needs a high Voltage to fire then reduces as it's lit. Would be no good for cornering lights.

You probably want something like these but I would just put a standard bulb in personally.
          OK great that's what I'll get then and thanks for the explanation. I've not noticed the headlights changing brightness just them coming on and doing their little dance as they self level.
          Regards
          Brian

Comment

Working...
          X