No announcement yet.

DPF soot level app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone find out a good iPhone App to read the DPF saturation level?

Comment

Hello,

When i was searching about 2.0 CDTI why engine seizure, i have read some of comments about DPF regen. Last month i discovered this app. When DPF level comes %80 regeneration starts and instant fuel consumption shows that 2 lt/h. (liter). But when that happens my car does not show anything about DPF regen.

City driving is not good for DPF.

Comment

Originally posted by stewlewis View Post
        I'll check that out thanks for the heads-up.
        I've been looking to get a OBD reader and a copy of Torque, I'll check out that model too, there's too many variations of probably the same Chinese cheapie on Ebay.

What I don't understand with a DPF is it filters the crap out before exhaust and then regens and throws all the crap out of the exhaust, is it some kind of inline sewerage farm that removes the carcinogenic shite before blowing out the soot?
        A DPF collects all of the bigger particles in the diesel exhaust and then when it’s full enough heats itself up to about 1000 degrees C and burns them off into smaller particles

Comment

I got the DPF full message today. What is the best thing to do to initiate a regen without doing a forced regen? Go for a long drive, get it upto temperature, keep it above a certain speed/revs i.e. what criteria will it begėn the regen? How long does the regen take?
          Cheers
          Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R View Post
            I got the DPF full message today. What is the best thing to do to initiate a regen without doing a forced regen? Go for a long drive, get it upto temperature, keep it above a certain speed/revs i.e. what criteria will it begėn the regen? How long does the regen take?
            Cheers
            Andy
            The rules used to be, car at operating temperature and then find a dual carriageway/motorway, go for a blast keeping the revs over 2k for at least 20 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R View Post
              Cheers
              Andy
              Yes all of the above,Engine must be near normal running temp, the hard part is not dropping the revs below 2k, so you really need a decent length of Dual carriageway or Motorway. Use a lower gear (say 3rd/4th) that way you can keep a constant speed (you have high revs but low speed). Drive for around 20 mins just don't let the revs drop by changing gear. If you have had too many failed/interupted regenerations you will have to get a forced regen done
              sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Hi I got one of these today only the Bluetooth light come on am I missing something here the opel dpf app didn't pick my vgate up??

Comment

Originally posted by R402faa View Post
                  Hi I got one of these today only the Bluetooth light come on am I missing something here the opel dpf app didn't pick my vgate up??
                  Last post was over 2 years ago buddy.

Comment

Working...
                  X