Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get the front lip from for the facelift VX Line bumper???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get the front lip from for the facelift VX Line bumper???

Anyone know? Had a rock smash mine and now it's all folder in

Oh no...Have you been smashing mirrors again. i hope it isn't because your car is low. You tend to get breakers sticking them on ebay. I'd keep my eye on there.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

the dreaded issues of a lowered car! -- It's forkin low already at the front is the VXLine facelift... Try genuinepartssearch.com

Comment

Nothing to do withit being low

Well thats what im telling my self. I was basically following a skip lorry that was full on did not have a net over it. I was well far back because of the reason but a massive rock bounced out of the skip and hit the bottom of the car. The rock would have taken a land rover out it was so bloody big!

I have phoned the skip company as he should have a net over it but they sound like a right bunch of noobs and didnt want to know. All they done was laugh. I got no dashcam either so no proof of it ever happening. Will put a pic up now ten mins

Comment

I think its repairable to be honest. One of the clips have snapped up by the lights though so not sure how they go about repairing that

Comment

Yeah that looks very repairable. I had a crease in my bumper the other week when one of my bosses backed into my car and the repairer used heat to flatten it out. Maybe something along those lines can be done for you. Failing that i'm sure that can be filled. When you said a rock smashed it, I expected to see a gaping hole or something like it.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

It is a gaping hole to me hahaha! Its so annoying knowing that it is there lmao

Comment

No, I fully understand that. I wouldn't be able to sleep.

I'd try some of your local body shops. I'm sure that can be fixed pretty cheap.....But what about the clip you mention? Has that opened a gap near the light? That might be harder to sort if it has.

Comment

The picture sums it up perfectly! hahaha

I will try some local body shops yer Not sure how much to budget for it...

Yer so the bumper clips by the light but the clip has snapped so the bumper pops out all the time... May tiger seal it to the wing hahaha!

Comment

I priced cills to be re-sprayed after my mechanic took my car for a ride over a boulder and scratched it - £320 just to remove and respray. I ended up polishing it out almost. Didn't really want cills re-painted as they are a high impact area. I'd expect a £300+ estimate for that as it will be a full respray of the bumper

Comment

Had the bumpers painted on mine when I got it, and was £300 for both.

That was the bumpers removed, completely stripped of all lights/grilles etc. and painted properly.

Comment

Just tell the skip firm that your passenger witnessed the entire incident and that if they don't cough up you'll go to Small Claims Court.

Comment

I tried a small claims court line with them and they just laughed and said 'try it'

I am going for a quote tonight so will see what it comes out at hahah

Comment

So update - took it to a body shop last night. If I take the car to them as it is they will have it for 2 days, strip the bumper, fix the dent/ scuff, prime and respray. They will also spray my roof for me..

All in £150 BARGAIN!

Their work is top notch too. Its where my old car went to be done via insurance when I had a smash in that.

They do alot of custom work around the area aswell

Comment

That's a nice price. I bet you've booked it in already !

Comment

Working...
                              X