Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers door won’t remote lock

Hi all,
    I have just purchased my father-in-law’s Insignia. Everything was fine however the past couple of days I’ve noticed that when I use the fob to lock the car all doors lock normally however the drivers door locks then instantly unlocks.
    The car also alerts me to say that the drivers door is open however it is shut.
    My father-in-law re synced the key and this corrected the issue for a day. Then when he has attempted to re sync the key again he has had no luck.

We have changed the battery in the key fob.
    Tried the spare key.
    And also disconnected the battery for 3-4 hours in an attempt to override the computer error system.
    All with no success!

Any ideas please?

Sounds like a dodgy switch in the door,if it's thinking the door is open when it's not
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I concur door switch if it thinks its open it won’t [emoji359]

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        Sounds like a dodgy switch in the door,if it's thinking the door is open when it's not
        Might sound stupid but any thoughts on a solution?

Comment

Get a new door switch, it’ll be cheap enough [emoji846]

Comment

If it was mine I'd remove door card and investigate
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Have you got any information on this please?

Comment

Sorry mate,,hasn't come up on this forum before that I know of

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                  If it was mine I'd remove door card and investigate
                  Yes the sensor is integrated with the door lock mechanism. I'd say there is a fault with the sensor/lock.

Comment

Working...
                  X