B20DTH Gearbox and Remap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B20DTH Gearbox and Remap

Struggling to find much information on this but does the B20DTH (2.0 cdti 170) engine have the F40 gearbox? If it does am I right in thinking the torque limit is rated at 400nm on that box? I know this engine has 400nm standard so wondering if a remap is even a possible consideration for the future. Realistically I’m 18 months away from being able to do it anyway due to warranty but trying to find information.

One of the lads in here sent me a vin decoder other week it tells you everything about your car pal

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
      One of the lads in here sent me a vin decoder other week it tells you everything about your car pal
      Yeh I saw that post but it didn’t bring up much info on my car. Think it has limited use on post 2014 cars

Comment

It will have the F40 box,,it's the chance you take when remapping,will it break,will it not,,plenty have remapped theirs to 500nm + with no reported problems,think driving style will have a lot to do with whether it breaks,or not
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Depends on the map too, if it has a nice gradual power curve, it's less likely to blow up than having all it's power delivered in a big spike like some horrible dirty maps.

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Working...
          X