Heads Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads Up

Just a little something I’ve noticed today, when you are reversing with the seatbelt alarm going off the parking sensors don’t sound! Thankfully I was using them as an aid and not my everything!

Funny you should say that. I filled up the car the other night and drove back home without putting my seatbelt on (the garage is only a short distance from my house) and the seatbelt warning was sounding. When I drove onto my drive neither my front or rear sensors made a sound.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Heads Up

I’ve not tried although logic would dictate if you haven’t got your belt on the car thinks your not driving therefore no sensors. Weird though, i did notice you can’t leave the interior lights on the gs anymore as they turn themselves off after 15 minutes regardless, now thats sound logic no more flat batteries

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
        I’ve not tried although logic would dictate if you haven’t got your belt on the car thinks your not driving therefore no sensors. Weird though, i did notice you can’t leave the interior lights on the gs anymore as they turn themselves off after 15 minutes regardless, now thats sound logic no more flat batteries
        That does sound a good idea.

The seatbelt thing is daft though. All my other cars have stopped the seatbelt alarm when you select reverse since it’s legal to take it off to reverse. Expect it isn’t a situation that crops up all that often. I only noticed because I parked up then a space nearer my home became available so moved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat View Post
          That does sound a good idea.

The seatbelt thing is daft though. All my other cars have stopped the seatbelt alarm when you select reverse since it’s legal to take it off to reverse. Expect it isn’t a situation that crops up all that often. I only noticed because I parked up then a space nearer my home became available so moved it.
          Yes completely daft that one!

Comment

Working...
          X