Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove spare wheel

Hello,
    I have a 2012 insignia sri with a spare wheel.

I would like to remove the wheel and replace it with a repair kit to gain the extra space in the boot. Has anyone else done this as its not quite as simple as just removing the wheel as the bottom is padded out with foam that apear to be attached to the carpet in parts.

(PS please dont give opinions on wheel vs repair kit)

remove the wheel. pull out any foam, it will only be stuck on with double sided foam pads.
    you will need something to support the carpet floor otherwise any heavy weight may collapse into the wheel well, piece of plywood or something over the wheel well will do

Comment

Hi,

Members usually post about doing the opposite of what you want so if you haven't already bought the kit maybe another member would do a straight swap if you want.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        Hi,

Members usually post about doing the opposite of what you want so if you haven't already bought the kit maybe another member would do a straight swap if you want.

I would certainly be interested in a swap as i have not bought a kit yet.

Comment

Depending where you are I have a brand new space saver I could sell

Comment

Working...
          X