Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trash158 View Post
    sriray

so not gonna share with us where did you get fakra convertor from ?
    EBay .
    I get the direct link later

Comment

• Originally posted by sriray View Post
      EBay .
      I get the direct link later
      all right. I asked because I not sure witch one we need male or female :-P

Comment

all right. I asked because I not sure witch one we need male or female :-P

This one.

Comment

• last night found some update files it says android 7.1 but don't know yet if it compatible with ours will upload those files once I get home

Comment

last night found some update files it says android 7.1 but don't know yet if it compatible with ours will upload those files once I get home
            You found some update files? Where?

Comment

• Has anyone install this exact unit on a non-navi car?

Comment

• Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                You found some update files? Where?
                I found it on xdadevelopers forum in the Tesla Style Headunits thread there is an american company phoenix making or just reselleing these unit`s. I am not an expert I thought it can work with ours ? want to have a look at those files ?

Comment

• Please place a link to the thread if you want.

Comment

• Hi everybody, there are some new Android head units around with a bigger screen than the current double din ones. The resellers often calls them "Tesla Style Headunits". Sadly I've not found much information about it, yet. So I bought one on the...

Comment

• Thanks, I already read this thread few weeks ago, unfortunately this will not work on our units. We have totally different hardware.
                      This is our inside:

Comment

• Not much in there :-)

Comment

• No, it is a very small mainboard with very little parts. It is not possible to buy this mainboard on the net. And if you had one, it needs software which works with this specific unit so It wouldn’t work.
                          With this situation, we are very dependent from the original seller we bought the unit from. I am almost thinking of buying a mainboard from them as a spare [emoji848]

Comment

No, it is a very small mainboard with very little parts. It is not possible to buy this mainboard on the net. And if you had one, it needs software which works with this specific unit so It wouldn’t work.
                            With this situation, we are very dependent from the original seller we bought the unit from. I am almost thinking of buying a mainboard from them as a spare [emoji848]
                            but what is the difference between ours and the one from the polish site they have android 7 on it this mainboard only ?

Comment

• Well I do not know for sure. I do know it is indeed a newer version but do not know which.

Like for example: we thought our unit had android 6.0, it has not. Our android version is 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. You can also see in the link to the thread you posted that these people have the same problem with there unit (they want us to believe it is version x but instead it is a much older version).

Jelly bean is quite old (api 17)

If you like to know:
                              API Level: 17 Android 4.2 (JELLY_BEAN_MR1) is an update to the Jelly Bean release that offers new features for users and app developers. This document provides an introduction to the most notable and useful new APIs for developers. As an app developer…

Comment

Well I do not know for sure. I do know it is indeed a newer version but do not know which.

Like for example: we thought our unit had android 6.0, it has not. Our android version is 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. You can also see in the link to the thread you posted that these people have the same problem with there unit (they want us to believe it is version x but instead it is a much older version).

Jelly bean is quite old (api 17)

If you like to know:
                                https://developer.android.com/about/...droid-4.2.html
                                thanks for the link so there is a no way we can have android 6 or 7.

Comment

Working...
                                X