How to remove touch r700/navi 900 from my 2014 car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove touch r700/navi 900 from my 2014 car

I have recently joined this forum as I have been searching for help as to remove my Navi 900. I am able to remove the ashtray and the trim but just can't figure out how to get any further. Some of the screws seem partially covered and I cannot get access. All other guidance on the internet seems to be for a different version of my infotainment system and the screw locations are different. If anyone can help or direct me to a thread with this covered already then it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

if its the preface lift

In this video i will show you how to install a Sino Smart Touchscreen GPS Unit in under 20 minutes for Vauxhall/Opel Insignia / Buick Regal. For some reason...

if its the facelift after you remove the trim you after you after leaver it out no screws to remove its very tight you will need some trim tools

the first time you take it out you think your going to break something but after that it comes out easy enough

Here we have the installation of the Adaptiv which is available for the Vauxhall Insignia; Part Number: ADV-GM1.A plug and play, all in one interface adds Na...

but in the video he says you need to remove 2 screws --- you don't well i didn't on my 16 plate

hope this helps

Comment

remove the trims
      grab yourself a size 8 ratchet and get unscrewing
      the screen itself doesnt have any screws just three plugs at the back
      but the screen is connected to the climate control at the bottom
      so the whole unit will come out together
      if at anypoint you need any pictures and are stuck
      let me know as i have two that are opened atm

Comment

The problem I have is that some screws seem covered and I can't get access. I will try again on Tuesday when next off work and can post some pictures of what I mean. Would you be able to post any you have of the units you have removed. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by smoover_uk View Post
          The problem I have is that some screws seem covered and I can't get access. I will try again on Tuesday when next off work and can post some pictures of what I mean. Would you be able to post any you have of the units you have removed. Thanks.
          The screen and climate control just pull out

Comment

I have recently joined this forum as I have been searching for help as to remove my Navi 900. I am able to remove the ashtray and the trim but just can't figure out how to get any further. Some of the screws seem partially covered and I cannot get access. All other guidance on the internet seems to be for a different version of my infotainment system and the screw locations are different. If anyone can help or direct me to a thread with this covered already then it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
            What do you need to take it out for?

Comment

I wanted to check the connections at the rear and was thinking of ultimately replacing the unit with an android aftermarket setup.

Comment

I wanted to check the connections at the rear and was thinking of ultimately replacing the unit with an android aftermarket setup.
                Oh I see shouldn't be a problem

Comment

Working...
                X