Eco button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eco button

Probably a stupid question to most of you but my first insignia or car with this function
    On the dash below screen there is a bottom says Eco and illuminates green
    What is it for and when’s best to use it stupid I know but there you go that’s my question 😄

If you press it after start up,so the light goes out,it disables the stop/,start function
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

We all had to learn stuff about our cars

A good place is the owners manual too, which I always have to tell my Dad when he gets a different car

Comment

Eco button on/off is for the stop-start system.
        A few years ago I had an Astra with stop-start and the first thing I would do after switching on the engine was to switch off the stop-start. I didn't like it and I wonder whether s/s is one of a number of contributing factors in the bottom-end-bearing issues being experienced by some Insignia owners.

Comment

I dislike the stop start feature as occasionally as you go to pull away it decides to stop as you dip the clutch for a gear, it's then thumps and bangs itself back to life as of in a confused state, can't be good.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but is the eco button only for stop start or does it do anything else with the eco button on?

manuals are not my thing especially car and appliances which cover as much models they can squeeze into one manual with half not relevant to your car.

Comment

Just for stop start , but some stop start buttons are for things .like turning off my wife's voice , but cannot find that button!
              turning on and off my wife's gas powered vibrator
              So its always a good thing to read the manual especially what language its printed in.
              And to make sure your car has all the necessary requirements like wheels.
              but I'm right with you on manuals
              Esp washing machine and fridge freezer manuals, 200 pages of absolute rampant tosh in 54 different languages!
              theres 1 tree that died for no useful reason!

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

With car manuals you can spend ages reading about a feature and find its not available on your car

manual covers about 10 models would not be so bad if at each para it said what model it applies too.

Its not rocket science to split the manual into 4 by model if it covers 4 models then you at least you would know your reading something relevant . You

Comment

Working...
                X