No announcement yet.

Help with somewhere to fit my exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once you've removed your single exit, Place a piece of cardboard over the trim and from behind, trace the shape.
    Cut it out and then measure the distances etc from the end/top of the diffuser and then measure the uncut side.
    Place the card on the uncut side at the measurements and Mark it.

If your competent enough to do jobs on your car or around the house etc, then this should not be an issue.

And it'll save you a few quid buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by agblee1970 View Post
      I have read previously thanks, it is a good read. However it's still a case of either ( a ) buying a new bumper trim or ( b ) cutting existing trim. Would not rist cutting it myself so requires me to find somewhere to fit exhaust including cutting trim. I can see it's at least an hour's job so will have to pay the going rate....had I of known the cost of that beforehand I may well have bought new. Ah well that's life....:-)
      Sell it on and buy new.
      If your not wanting to tackle it yourself, you never know, some guys would, so you wouldn't lose and cash that way.

Then take it somewhere who will give you the complete package with the hiccups

Comment

garages have a high hourly rate to cover overheads, also a chunk of that will be VAT
        whereas your handy mate doing a cash job wont have insurance to cover damages, wont be paying VAT or other taxes, repaying the cost of buying a car lift, electricity bills etc

Comment

I had a local exhaust garage fit mine I bought from sriray, only took an hour but I did remove the bumper trim myself before hand and trimmed it myself when i got back, only took an hour at the garage and cost £45.

pretty pleased with the trim job I did considering I mostly eye balled it

Comment

Thanks so much for all the advice!

I was too unsure to try it myself, figure I'm pretty handy with some things but get me anything that needs cutting and I'll normally do it wrong LOL.

I found a garage locally in the end with experience of custom exhaust fitting and because they kept me waiting for quite a while due to a delay with the job before mine, I only paid £60 cash, and it looks great! I'll try and post a picture later :-)

Comment

I was too unsure to try it myself, figure I'm pretty handy with some things but get me anything that needs cutting and I'll normally do it wrong LOL.

I found a garage locally in the end with experience of custom exhaust fitting and because they kept me waiting for quite a while due to a delay with the job before mine, I only paid £60 cash, and it looks great! I'll try and post a picture later :-)
              Nice one buddy.....at least it's fitted and not at a rip off price.

Yeah, pics would be nice.

Comment

Congrats! looking forward to seeing it

Comment

Fantastic result

Comment

Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

A couple of pics with the new exhaust fitted :-)

I think the space around the right exhaust (where it was cut) is smaller but I don't think when stood staring at it it's particularly noticeable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4674.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	242501Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4673.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	242500

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Well smart!
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

very nice buddy

Comment

Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                                X