Changing instrument Panel From small LCD to large LCD insignia 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing instrument Panel From small LCD to large LCD insignia 2016

if i got a used instrument Cluster 8" inch that was used in a diesel insignia to be switched in my petrol Insignia 1.6 Turbo instead of my 4.2" inch panel

does this requires any coding?? or it will be just plug and play

if it requires coding who can do it

and is there any difference between petrol and diesel panel ?

Regards

I would say yes, it'd need coding in.. Lewish will be able to tell you for sure
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by m_arazik View Post
      if i got a used instrument Cluster 8" inch that was used in a diesel insignia to be switched in my petrol Insignia 1.6 Turbo instead of my 4.2" inch panel

does this requires any coding?? or it will be just plug and play

if it requires coding who can do it

and is there any difference between petrol and diesel panel ?

Regards
      Yes will need coding + configuring

Comment

The rev counters are different for the petrol and diesels.
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Rev counter nowt to do with the infotainment mate

Comment

He's talking about the instrument cluster
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Ah my apologies, I read it Asif he was onabout the centre system e.g satnav. Ha ha “facepalm”

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
                Ah my apologies, I read it Asif he was onabout the centre system e.g satnav. Ha ha “facepalm”
                For those moments when one facepalm doesn't quite cut it...

Comment

Comment

Hello
                    I bought the instrument cluster .. it was for insignia OPC VXR 2.8 petrol

I went to agency today and totally failed to configure or reprogram as it detect my car VIN number and the cluster VIN number and giving mismatched hardware error and process didn't work at all .. technitian there told me that it has to be fully new to be coded .. any ideas or help please ??!!

Comment

Hello
                      I bought the instrument cluster .. it was for insignia OPC VXR 2.8 petrol

I went to agency today and totally failed to configure or reprogram as it detect my car VIN number and the cluster VIN number and giving mismatched hardware error and process didn't work at all .. technitian there told me that it has to be fully new to be coded .. any ideas or help please ??!!
                      You'll need to change the vin in the cluster(old car)
                      to your vin number

Do you know what software they tried to use?

Otherwise you'll have to send it to Geniom to get it programmed.

Comment

How to change the vin number of the old cluster ??

Which software .. it was the official dealer .. i think GM software

My location is in dubai , any ideas ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                          You'll need to change the vin in the cluster(old car)
                          to your vin number

Do you know what software they tried to use?

Otherwise you'll have to send it to Geniom to get it programmed.
                          How to send to geniom ?

Comment

How to send to geniom ?
                            geniom@geniomnet.com

Send him an email

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                              geniom@geniomnet.com

Send him an email

Is there any simple way to change the VIN number of this cluster to my car VIN then to try with my dealer again for reprograming and configuring ??

Comment

Working...
                              X