Dpf regen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dpf regen

Is it normal for a car to need a forced regen twice this year already? i had one in feb and again yesterday and I have only done 1200miles inbetween! It seems like there may be some underlying issues for it to be needed twice. Any ideas?

Very possible if the car is making short journeys, low-speed or stop-start journeys.

Comment

or the regens are not completing,ie engine switched off
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks chaps. Does anyone have the link to the dpf regen light on wing mirror?

Comment

Is yours the Newer siggi? Ie facelift 2013 onwards? If so centre screen, it shows rear window de mister in top consumers, if it isn’t turned on via the button this telling you it’s doing a regen, I always give mine a blast every month or so up the motorway if I’ve got a spare hour, just to keep the filter clean because if it starts clogging your wallets gonna get significantly lighter

Comment

Mine is a 2011 so was thinking of that regen light thing

Comment

onto my 3rd diesel Insig at present ,and on the mileage i do it regens religiously every 2 weeks,as have the previous 2 cars
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
                Is yours the Newer siggi? Ie facelift 2013 onwards? If so centre screen, it shows rear window de mister in top consumers, if it isn’t turned on via the button this telling you it’s doing a regen, I always give mine a blast every month or so up the motorway if I’ve got a spare hour, just to keep the filter clean because if it starts clogging your wallets gonna get significantly lighter
                mines a 15 and it doesent,,so i fitted the led

Comment

No way?? Mines a 14 and comes up on top consumers, have you got top consumers turned on?

Comment

you need to tap into the heated mirror circuit in the wing mirror plug ,behind the tweeter speaker ,only did mine a month ago but cant remember the wire colours. RBH on here will tell you

Comment

No way?? Mines a 14 and comes up on top consumers, have you got top consumers turned on?
                      had it on for first month of ownership , no rear defrost came on ,so thats why i added the led ,just to be on safe side ,mate has a 16 ,his dosent either

Comment

Must just be on odd one.. of maybe needs an update? Mine needs a few updates I think, my radio forgets my saved stations, but also a bonus of mine when dpf must be getting quite full it comes up saying particulate filter cleaning in progress continue driving . Which is a nice touch

Comment

.... a bonus of mine when dpf must be getting quite full it comes up saying particulate filter cleaning in progress continue driving . Which is a nice touch
                          That message usually means your DPF is dangerously full and that it was interrupted during a previous journey.

Comment

Must just be on odd one.. of maybe needs an update? Mine needs a few updates I think, my radio forgets my saved stations, but also a bonus of mine when dpf must be getting quite full it comes up saying particulate filter cleaning in progress continue driving . Which is a nice touch
                            Fully upto date software wise

Comment

Whenever mines does a regen.....it don't show up on the dash and it's a 14 plate

Comment

Working...
                              X