Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i know which boot carpets will fit my insignia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i know which boot carpets will fit my insignia?

A bottle of redex had recently burst over the boot carpet, when i look at the board inside the carpet its even all wet with the redex and really smells, as i posted about in this topic:

I have decided to get a new carpet because its mainly that its all over and think i'll get a better chance of getting rid of the smell if i get a new one.

Vauxhall quoted me about £90 which i also don't really want to pay that much, they said theres different fittings as well, he said if theres a space to put a spare tyre in the boot i can get the cheaper £90 one but if theres compartments under the carpet then it needs to be the dearer one which is around £200. Mine doesn't have compartments and had a space for a type but there isn't a tyre there it only came with a kit to inject into a tyre if one blew.

I can see on ebay and amazon and lots of other sites that you seem to be able to buy generic type ones for around £30, are these ok and do they have a hard board in them for support so you can put things in the boot, we have to put a pram etc in regularly.

The mat i have had a sticker on that says
    GM BORGERS
    Part no. 13 315 670
    Supplier no. 510 509 859
    CARPET ASM-R/CMPT FLR PNL

Not sure if that would help anyone with what i need?
    I think when i looked on ebay at some generic ones you could put the date of your car in etc and it would tell you which one you need and i think for mine it said the MK1.

My car is the Vauxhall Insignia 2013 model 2.0 Diesel CDTI Ecoflex

I'd just like as cheap as possible but so long as its got a fairly strong board in it so that things can sit in the boot as well as with a genuine carpet.
    Would a 3rd party carpet also have the little handle that you can lift the carpet up with if you want to get to anything under it?

I think the best looking one ive seen is on amazon:

Not sure if anyone thinks that looks ok?

My current carpet isn't completely flat but the one on amazing seems to be totally flat, mine has like a little bit that goes up near the seats and obviously covers that grey padding near the seats as shown below. The Amazon one says its compatible with my car though so how would that work, would I have to take that grey padding out if i bought that one?

Below is a pic of my current boot with the carpet out, it would also need to cover the grey bit near the seats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181010_204648.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	248781

I hope someone can help cause im not 100% sure if i am looking at the right ones to fit my car or not.

Regards

James

First thing i would do is contact "redex" and ask what they would recommend to wash the carpet with then remove it and wash and hose it down out of car (while there is still a chance of some sun to dry it) my 2nd option would be breakers yards for clean used one.

Comment

Working...
    X