Mileage Vs age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys
    Getting it brought up from Cardiff this week (£50 non refundable - but it would have cost Me that in food and fuel to go see it anyway)
    I will check everything out including the tax thing.
    Anything I should look out for other than the obvious stuff like tyre wear vibration smoke etc ?

Comment

Mines a 64 2.0 cdti with 0 road tax. Not to sure how they went from 0 back upto 30 with euro 6 engines from 2015.

Comment

Those few extra horses , mine the 170. Europe have a lot to answer for, but not as much as our idiots in charge. As a lad at work says.... The inmates are running the asylum! Lol

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          Those few extra horses , mine the 170. Europe have a lot to answer for, but not as much as our idiots in charge. As a lad at work says.... The inmates are running the asylum! Lol

Add a remap into the mix.. ha.

Mines remapped to 190bhp . Though you are certainly right. World's gone crazy.

I do always think though why did they only run with the 99co2 vehicles for only a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
            Thanks guys
            Getting it brought up from Cardiff this week (£50 non refundable - but it would have cost Me that in food and fuel to go see it anyway)
            I will check everything out including the tax thing.
            Anything I should look out for other than the obvious stuff like tyre wear vibration smoke etc ?
            With the big dealers It usually IS refundable as long as you turn up to view.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
              Mines a 64 2.0 cdti with 0 road tax. Not to sure how they went from 0 back upto 30 with euro 6 engines from 2015.
              Might be something to do with the VW scandal.
              also mine has auto box so guess that might change things.

Comment

Guys
                Thanks for all your help.
                Picked the car up Saturday and just brought it home.
                Wenttaway in it yesterday and back today.
                Averaging 48mpg which seems ok.
                Only slight issue is that it pulls slightly to the left so will get the tracking checked.
                Tyre pressures have been checked and seem fine.
                Smooth as smooth to drive and comfy too.
                First impressions are good.
                The car had been with the dealership since July so was serviced 200 miles prior to my ownership.
                Prep by the dealer was ok but needs to be done properly.
                Also I am going to tint the rear windows and change the wheels.
                Also need a tow bar and took rails but that’s sll adter Christmas.
                I will start a little progress blog.

Comment

How much difference on road did the re map make?
                  20 hp does not seem much. Did it add much torque
                  What sort of cost.
                  Sooo many q’s.
                  Ta

Comment

My remap had a increase of 50 bhp. Cost 235 and was with SLT performance.

Car feels to me how it should with a remap. Low down power which continues all the way to the redline.

Comment

That’s quite a chunk. What bhp were you to start with.
                      Was it added to the 140?
                      Mine is a 170 and I would be surprised if they could get they much more out of it?
                      The lie down grunt does sound nice I must admit. I had a bmw 123 d they had 204 from a 2 litre which was pretty fast.

Comment

The 170 has more torque than most cars if you look, bhp I think the bi turbo is about 220. Considering the weight of the insignia it's fairly quick.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                          The 170 has more torque than most cars if you look, bhp I think the bi turbo is about 220. Considering the weight of the insignia it's fairly quick.
                          The mazda 6 184 diesel came with 445 torque and the Mondeo itself at 180 bhp came with 400 torque. I believe the Passat also has a 170 bhp version. All apparently beating the insignia to 60.

Im not sure if it's the ecoflex gear box which slows the insignias down but I've drove several Passat's (both b6 and b8s) and all felt more responsive.

Not that I dislike my insignia. It has so much going for it. It's just speed isn't one of them.

Comment

I have had a 164 bhp Mazda that seemed quicker - no more urgent - than the insignia
                            The insignia though is a nicer if not quite so firm drive and the gearbox is very smooth.
                            Pretty pleased with it right now. Just wondering what the upgrade re map would add to the standard 170 tune.

Comment

Insignia is never gonna be a race car,its far too heavy for starters
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I accept that. I was thinking more as an addition to its towing ability.
                                Done sports cars
                                Old man tourers for me now. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X