2018 Insignia noisey brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Insignia noisey brakes

Have had my 18 plate insignia 1.5t sri vxline for about a month now. But have noticed that the brakes sound like something on a old un-loved for van. I saw a post on another forum with same issue but no luck from vauxhall or anyone else. Just wondered if anyone here had the same problem or has heard of this before.

Are we talking squealing/high pitched whistle at slow speeds as you come to a stop? If so, same as on my 10 month old Insignia B with 11k miles on the clock. My plan, when the weather improves, is to remove all four calipers and pads, clean them up and re-grease with this stuff https://www.amazon.co.uk/Liqui-Moly-.../dp/B00295D9VQ.

Had to do the same on a previous sub 10k miles Facelift Country Tourer and after another 20k miles, no sign of any brake squeal.
    Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

Comment

Yeah, that would be the sound this is having as well. Will give this a go myself but wait for some better weather first!

Comment

I had the same on the front brakes only. Bought a new set of pads, plus anti-rattle springs, then cleaned the calipers back to bright metal then greased all contact points, I used copper slip.
        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X