X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPF - Nightmare

Hoping someone can help

87000 miles on the car. 2.0 LT SRI
    I noticed a few weeks ago on start up car seemed lumpy. Then when driving if I held the revs around 1800 it’s seemed to judder. Once up to temp this stopped. Then after a couple of weeks of this service now light came on and car was in limp mode. Into the garage who advised DPF sensor fault. Sensor replaced but code would not clear. New DPF fitted (£1200). Car seemed fine after this however I did notice through the red LED light that is was doing a regen around every 100 miles ( car is used on motorways) this I found strange considering new DPF has been fitted. 700 miles later back into limp mode. Into the garage and same sensor fault again. Sensor relearnt with the car and codes all cleared. I’ve done 40 miles since yesterday when I got it back from the garage and again ruff on start up this morning and juddering around 1800 revs until car reached temp. Just took it for a run on the motorway and it does a reg after 15 miles.

I fully expect it to go back into limp mode soon and was wondering if anyone knows if there could be another underlying problem?

Many thanks in advance.

I’ve had an issue with my DPF, it blocked so I had it cleaned. Turns out the intercooler is bent and leaking from a previous shunt (not me) so that’s why it’s been regenerating every 200 miles, replacement is due next week

Comment

Just been back to the garage. Intercooler is fine however passenger side boost pipe is covered in oil. Will replace that tomorrow and see if that solves the problem.if not next will be to clean out the EGR valve as I read someone else done that and it appeared to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X