Insignia 2.0 cdti 140 re map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia 2.0 cdti 140 re map

Help folks. So I apologise if this has been done to death.
    I’ve a few questions within this post
    I have a 2015 ( face lift ) 2.0 vx line sport tourer eco flex which as stupid as it sounds I was sure this was the 140 ( 138 bhp )
    Until today I was told no these engines are 130 with the m32 gear box , Correct me if I’m wrong on this as I don’t think this is correct. Am I right in saying only the pre face lift models had the 130 bhp engines and the face lift 2.0 cdti were 140bhp ?? If this is so how would I find out what gear box I have.
    Sounds daft I know but when I had my vectra I knew the vecs inside out but I’m new to these insignias.
    Which then leads me onto my question regarding re mapping. Now at the time I bought this I gave up trying to find a nice bi turbo and this came up at a price I couldn’t say no to and the £20 a year road tax was a big selling point. Now I’ve lived with it for a little while I think I’d like to look into getting it re mapped. I’m no boy racer these days but would like an increase in bhp and torque but maintaining reliability if possible. Read horror stories about issues with gear boxes and clutches after re maps especially on the m32 gear boxes . Which I’m unsure if I actually have.
    Even my vec 1.9 cdti 150 pulled far better than this insignia but I’m sure with a re map that can be improved.
    I’m not to worried about the car mechanically as since I’ve had it ( at 17k miles ) I’ve serviced it every 6 month myself For what it costs me for the bits from Autovaux I do a full oil , air , pollen , fuel filters and oil change every 6 month and it costs me less than £80 for all gm parts. As with my vectra I never take it to a dealer which if any of you disagree with please put me right. Am I doing wrong servicing it myself ?? Would vx do anything I wouldn’t be ??
    So re maps, yes ? no ? Just after your own experiences on your cars once re mapped and who did them for you. Oh and please confirm have I actually got the 140 as I believe I have and does this use the m32 box
    Sorry for long post haha

Thanks in advance all

Rob

Search for 7zap, then find Vauxhall and put your vin number in, and take a look at gearbox. It will only list what’s installed

Comment

Vin http://astra-3.pl/vin.php?lang=en
      The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Theres a 1.9cdti astra van running 300+ bhp with an m32. Earlier VXRs had them also.

If you have an m32 and don’t drive it like its stolen you’ll have no issues.
        The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
          Theres a 1.9cdti astra van running 300+ bhp with an m32. Earlier VXRs had them also.

If you have an m32 and don’t drive it like its stolen you’ll have no issues.
          Not with my 3 kids and the Mrs in the car I don’t haha

Comment

So I can see it’s defo the 140 but can’t see what gear box it uses

Comment

sure the facelift 140 diesels use the F40 box
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                sure the facelift 140 diesels use the F40 box
                All I can find is pre 2012 the m32 chocolate boxes were crap and after that they had the larger bearings fitted. But even then I think hey are only good for around 320nm or may have read that wrong. I read the f40 are good for around 400nm. I looked at celtic tuning who quote 184bhp and 308 lb/ft which is 417nm .
                Obviously you guys would probably know all this anyway but I’m finding all this out now haha

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo81 View Post
                  All I can find is pre 2012 the m32 chocolate boxes were crap and after that they had the larger bearings fitted. But even then I think hey are only good for around 320nm or may have read that wrong. I read the f40 are good for around 400nm. I looked at celtic tuning who quote 184bhp and 308 lb/ft which is 417nm .
                  Obviously you guys would probably know all this anyway but I’m finding all this out now haha
                  Luck of the draw,and how you drive it I suppose,,theres guys running over 500nm in the f40 box with no issues,,mine is 480nm now,and has been for a good few months now,,no probs at all
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I have the M32 in my 16t,good upto now,but I do change the g/box oil at least every 12mts
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

[QUOTE=exclusiv.;316734]Luck of the draw,and how you drive it I suppose,,theres guys running over 500nm in the f40 box with no issues,,mine is 480nm now,and has been for a good few months now,,no probs at all[/

So I know the confusion with what gear box I’ve got has taken away from the re mapping question I had. I shall try and confirm what I’ve got. At least then I can make a decision how far I go with it.
                      So for the guys who have had re maps who are you recommending are the best . Celtic tuning seem good from reviews I’ve read but I’m sure you guys can give more advice
                      Thanks all
                      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                        I have the M32 in my 16t,good upto now,but I do change the g/box oil at least every 12mts
                        Easy enough to change yourself ??

Comment

Yes mate,easier than the Diesels@ exclusiv
                          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Looking down at engine codes it does appear I have the f40 gear box. I have the a20dte. So that clears that up haha being in the re map haha

Comment

Working...
                            X