I keep getting flashed at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep getting flashed at

Ok over last few days I have had to use the car on A and B roads at night as opposed to my normal usage being motorways, so my car has auto dip to high beam lights and on dip beam everyone seems happy but when on high beam i'm getting flashed at just as it drops to Dip or just after, on one occasion the car coming towards me actually stopped as it was so slow in switching to dip I was along side him b4 it switched (I was doing around 30ish on totally unlit roads), At that point I switched the auto function off and resorted to guaranteed old school way of taking control myself. Any thoughts of what if anything I can do to make system react quicker.

Clean sensor ?

Comment

Originally posted by minisprint4230 View Post
      Clean sensor ?
      Is that the one above/behind interea mirror?

Comment

Not sure, check your model.

Comment

I read the title.....and immediately thought of some old perv in a dirty brown Mac

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            I read the title.....and immediately thought of some old perv in a dirty brown Mac
            certainly getting old.

Comment

Sensor clean.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I must admit,.. I've used mine a few times, but feel that depending sometimes on the approach direction, the system is not quick enough to dip the lights, so I've stopped using it.

Comment

If anything mine is to fast to react at times. As in comes on then goes of a split second later. It's really sensitive, any chance it gets to bring main beam on it does. Only ever had a couple of flashes in over 15 months so quote happy with it. Must admit it is annoying when a reflection from a sign dips lights on tight bends etc.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I would think the sensor is clean enough. Took photo but I cannot remember how to insert it! Don't do it often enough.

Comment

Took photo but I cannot remember how to insert it! Don't do it often enough.

We still on same subject [emoji16]

Comment

yup

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                          Must admit it is annoying when a reflection from a sign dips lights on tight bends etc.
                          Yeah, the worst offenders are the huge chevron signs at bends, they reflect too well!
                          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

hope this shows the sensor and how clean. supuse its not as clean as Matt but i would not call it dirty.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20191126_093615.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	243990

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                              Yeah, the worst offenders are the huge chevron signs at bends, they reflect too well!
                              I'm the opposite, even the road signs dont knock it down. I've said for long time the switch on floor was the best and fastest way to dip but there long gone to a point where few people will remember them I think last car i had that had it was Austin A40 and i,m not sure but the Plastic Pig might have had it also.

Comment

Working...
                              X