New car key and coding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car key and coding

Hipe someone knows, my wife's 2014 insignia key snapped yesterday. Need to get a new key which is fine seems to be plenty of places can get one from. Can someone like timpsons cut the shaft and hiw does one get it coded to the car?

Check out our latest blog at Ken's Autos where we take a look at how to open a sealed new vauxhall flip key remote fob. Ready today!

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

The easy and affordable way to repair your broken car keys. Find your nearest Timpson store today to get both remote and non-remote keys fixed!

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Would have thought just buy uncut key fob, like you said get blade cut and swap internals, no need for reprogramming.

Comment

MattG .. yep... had a further look. It's the hinge bit that snaps not the blade so will get a new case and swap it all. Cheers

Comment

For my old Vectra, which didn't have a flip key, I got a shell to put the internals of the old key into (from ebay) & went to Timpsons to get the supplied blade cut. That'll be £120 said the Timpsons guy! I said thanks & walked away! Anyway, went on ebay & found a seller that could cut a blade if you supply the key code from the Car Pass. Cost less than £10 & with the flip shell being under £15 I had a new flip key for under £25.

Comment

Timpson's wanted £32 for a watch battery---the Guy even kept smiling as he give me the price----told him to stick it---as Kentishbloke has suggested go on ebay--hellof a lot cheaper------Dave

Comment

Working...
              X