Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting electric rear windows

Hi,

Has anyone gone from manual rear windows to electric? is it just a case of fitting new regulators and door cards with switches, i.e. is the wiring already there? or do you have to install new wiring too?

TIA.

Lee

If they're not fitted then you'll need the lot .....and programming

Comment

Programming? What needs programming? So there's no wiring in the rear doors at all then?

Comment

No there's nothing, nil ,as RBH says , a lot you will need , loom regulators , switches door cards to make a good job and properly a lot more ,
        Programming will be required for the BCM to accept that you now have electric rear windows.
        Gone of the days of just adding willy nilly .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yes I did it, I bought 2 new doors, you need wiring for the car side and need to program the bcm

Comment

Thanks people, i've already got the door cards and switches front and rear, just the loom and regulators needed for the back, just a couple more questions... sorry....

Is the loom just missing from the door i.e. it terminates at the door post and the correct wiring is present up to a point, or do it need to be fitted all the way back to the fusebox?

Whats the BCM and how do you reprogram it?

Thanks again, really useful info.

Comment

The drivers switch will not work. You will need to re-wire every door. You can still operate the back switches independantly.

It was easier to get new doors as it has the necessary wiring on the door side. The wiring I connected to an empty slot in the fusebox.

The bcm is the body control module.

It will need to reprogrammed to accept that the car now has rear electric windows.

Comment

Crikey, they don't make it easy do they.... thanks for the info.

Comment

Lewish Hi, can you please tell me how did you connect the rear power windows with the body control module?

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoPotato77 View Post
                    Lewish Hi, can you please tell me how did you connect the rear power windows with the body control module?
                    Sorry I have been MIA. Maybe you've already completed this.

You need to get the bcm reprogrammed to accept rear power windows.

Alot of faff tbh. Also the 4 way switch will not work unless you rewire each door.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X