Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia b oil 5w-30 ?

Hi

Oil change reminder has come on so am going to do it this weekend but my reg doesnt seem to work on most websites when using the sites to search for correct oil / parts etc. I guess its 5-30 as eurocarparts found it was but only listed their own brand none of the more expensive branded ones for some reason Does brand really matter as i dont mind paying for branded oils especially as they have an offer on oils at the moment? 2018 sri vxline

Thanks

I dont like buying oil these days its so confusing but I generally go with known brands, have you tried these. https://www.opieoils.co.uk there usually good on price. If I am doing Insignia or the Merc I would only fit genuine oil filters but with the Renault as its now 12 years old and only does low miles I put pattern part filters but of known brands (bosch, fram, mahle ect) but still with a known brand oil, never supermarket own brand rubish.

Comment

Used these guys before too for previous cars but when i put my reg in earlier it recognises the model insignia mk2 but has no results at all if its definitely 5w-30 i can order the branded stuff as i’d prefer from euro as 45% off oil at the min go fully synthetic etc but same there they recognise model by reg but only show their own cheap brand maybe just my reg. filter i tend to go branded bosch etc as only a few pounds difference in them

Thanks

Comment

Oh is a genuine vauxhall filter better than say the bosch ones etc at eurocarparts as i might go for one of those instead then
        Best oil + best filter ?

Comment

Shell Helix Ultra Dexos 2
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Just noticed your car is 2018 if you change oil yourself you might find warranty is invalid!

Comment

GM oil was cheap when I changed my oil.
              I'm sure it was about a score or close to it so always best to double check with stealers

Comment

Brilliant thanks £27 @ euro with the discount seems cheapest for 5l. Does the filter Really matter much i only do 8 miles a day mon-fri they only have mann or crossland no bosch but do show VM the description says is the same as the manufacturers use but pic and description seem vague it is only £7 more ?

Thanks for quick help

Comment

Originally posted by Carlb View Post
                  Oh is a genuine vauxhall filter better than say the bosch ones etc at eurocarparts as i might go for one of those instead then
                  Best oil + best filter ?
                  Not saying there any better or worse but it takes the element of doubt away, I have heard of cars that have blown engines caused by filters that are allowing dirty oil past or block up and not allowing any at all, Then I have seen for myself some cheap filters that should have one way valves fitted but don't, this allows cam shaft to run without oil until pump pushes oil round system again Ok not for long but over time not good.

Comment

Mann filters are good quality,I'm sure that's whats in mine now,defo the air filter is Mann.
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Oh balls really ! the option to reset it is literally within the same part as the warning on the dash i can simply reset on the steering wheel controls its an option to. would it not be hidden so they could charge you a wedge for the press of 1 button i couldnt be bothered with booking it in and arranging to drop it off n pick up just for an oil change that would surely cost me more than £47

Comment

My Uncle does it with his Vauxhalls,oil/filter every 6mts himself,the the Stealers every 12 mts to keep up the warranty,he's had no problems with the car or dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlb View Post
                          Best oil + best filter ?
                          Tbh.....I use shell helix ultra.
                          It's dextos2 and it's for VX models.
                          I bought mine if the internet.
                          It was in offer for around £17 each, so I bought 4.

Any oil filter is ok as long as it's changed regularly.
                          But for piece of mind, for all the genuine VX one costs, buy that.

Comment

Mine is a 2018 170, my understanding is that to retain the manufacturer's warranty, you must use genuine VX parts and labour / garage must be VAT registered. I buy all parts from VX as they are cheap enough, and my trusted mechanic who is VAT registered carries out the work. As such, it seems using 'other' brands and doing the work yourself will invalidate the manufacturer's warranty as ilunn says.

Comment

i use shell ultra AG (dexos 2) oil, bosch filters. Mann is good too but stay away from crossland
                              5w30 dexos 2 is the minimum spec which the GM branded meets
                              the Shell oil meets and exceeds this spec and is also a "low ash" oil which helps prevent the dpf getting blocked as small amounts of oil does get burnt in the engine

my cars on 141k miles and still going strong, no engine/dpf issues yet

Comment

Working...
                              X