Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear dash cam power

Well here I am again, picking brains!
    Been dropping in and out but cant mod the company car....until now!

After some dipstick nearly rear ended me (oooh errr misses) I decided I better add a rear dash cam.

I read then re-read the manual so please be kind! Where the f is the rear fuse box in the Grand Sport?

If there isn't one (I am beginning to wonder) is there a switched 12v in the boot area?

Thanks all
    Last edited by Fatfred; 11-03-2020, 07:27 PM.

I don't own one , but there is a 12v aux in the boot ,I couldn't confirm about the fuse box, some one far more knolagable will be along

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I had a quick look and can see a route into the tailgate (with the rest of the cables! ) but couldn't see where to pick up the12V. I knew I needed the Sports Tourer!

Bring back the Vec, that was easy!

Comment

If you know someone with a multimeter they be able to help you find out which is ignition live.

I ended up routing one from the front to the back.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          If you know someone with a multimeter they be able to help you find out which is ignition live.

I ended up routing one from the front to the back.
          I am an electrical engineer so can find the cables but was hoping for a location of the fuse box rather than going through the boot load area looking!
          Thinking of trying to get cable from USB sockets on the armrest between the seats.
          Last edited by Fatfred; 12-03-2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

So between the rain yesterday I found the 3rd fusebox. In the boot, lhs, behind the 2nd cabbie hole.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200315-130232_Drive.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	245007

Although VX tell you it's there IE 3 FUSE BOXES, they hide its location and what each fuse does. I guess, as a customer, its beyond my comprehension, I'll take it to the experts and ask them.....now that sarcasm has been vented...... any one have the boot fuse box diagram?

Comment

When you say second cabbie hole... where abouts is that in the boot?

Ferret

Comment

Near side, halfway back rear wing in boot. Small hatch cover, like the one for the rear lights.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X