Low oil pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low oil pressure

Well got that dreaded oil pressure error this morning on a cold start, I turned it off put a little more oil in the I didnt get the oil pressure error come back up. Just wanted to know if its definitely the seal on the pick up and I've got a 140 mile drive tomorrow do you think it will make it. I'm not overly bothered if it completely seizes the engine as it's under dealer warranty for another 1k miles

Yep definitely oil pick up seal. Some people chance it driving it after they get that message. Me personally I wouldn’t. I never got the message in mine just had it done for piece of mind and for £200 it’s a no brainer

Comment

Well I'll get it on the warranty for free anyway I've already emailed the dealers. Believe it or not I was getting it done next month anyway as a safety measure however looks like I'll get it for free now. But yeah I've since started the car twice from cold now and it havent had the message I did notice the car idled at 1k this morning I presume that was because it was cold which would also be the reason the low oil pressure light coming up aswell.

Comment

Idle could also be dpf regen

Comment

Wouldnt regen from stone cold whilst 4 degrees outside I expect it's just lifting the revs to put heat in the engine

Comment

Hi there new to this forum, I have the same issue on a 2011 2.0 cdti, though mine came up when engine was warm flashed and alarmed the red oil can, now has a slight rattle if revved from idle above 2000rpm, haven't drove the car any distance since, changed the oil and filter on Saturday and drove easy around the block for 1/2 mile till warm and the warning alarmed 3 times, my question is would it still be the oil seal even if it's only doing it when warm, or would it be a seal and pump combo, worrying now it may be a case of changing the big end bearings as well and are these just worth doing anyway if you have it stripped that far down?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason william View Post
              Hi there new to this forum, I have the same issue on a 2011 2.0 cdti, though mine came up when engine was warm flashed and alarmed the red oil can, now has a slight rattle if revved from idle above 2000rpm, haven't drove the car any distance since, changed the oil and filter on Saturday and drove easy around the block for 1/2 mile till warm and the warning alarmed 3 times, my question is would it still be the oil seal even if it's only doing it when warm, or would it be a seal and pump combo, worrying now it may be a case of changing the big end bearings as well and are these just worth doing anyway if you have it stripped that far down?
              Worth popping along to here:
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

If it rattles and it ant the snake like they put under the bonnet on the Australian version then
                It's one of 2 things
                1) it did not have the recall carried out ( swapp snake for armadillo)
                2) you have not found it yet
                Don't lift the bonnet!!!!!!!!!
                Do as howy says
                Tell us about you and your car and if you feel brave
                About yourself
                ME ?
                I love nothing better than wearing a pair of Cuban heels
                A Thong
                A bowler hat
                And entering the local fruit and veg shop .
                Within 30 seconds I've got the shop to myself!

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                X