Insignia 1.8 Sri petrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marting135 View Post
    I thought fuel filter right away and went to change it as that would be the low cost option to start with
    It doesn’t have a fuel filter on it it’s a “filter for life” it has attached to the tank I took it off and bypassed it and it’s still the same
    Let me run through this so I get a clear pic.
    With the pump being primed when turning on the ECU is talking to the pump, it runs for around 10secs then cuts out. So sparks work, it's getting air as it runs, got to be fuel..
    The fuel pressure is lost once the car starts and requires a flow of fuel.
    It will run as long as you want using another source of fuel.
    So points once again at fuel delivery.
    With it having a filter for life and you even trying to bypass the filter it's ruled out as a problem.
    Am I getting the full pic?

Comment

But is the fuel,pump after running after priming ? That's why I say get live read outs ..
      Swapping everything will not work unless you divorce and marry to the car , but opcom will not touch that
      You would require VAux mdi diagnostic plugs Global TIS with pass through .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
        Let me run through this so I get a clear pic.
        With the pump being primed when turning on the ECU is talking to the pump, it runs for around 10secs then cuts out. So sparks work, it's getting air as it runs, got to be fuel..
        The fuel pressure is lost once the car starts and requires a flow of fuel.
        It will run as long as you want using another source of fuel.
        So points once again at fuel delivery.
        With it having a filter for life and you even trying to bypass the filter it's ruled out as a problem.
        Am I getting the full pic?
        Yes that’s basically it

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
          But is the fuel,pump after running after priming ? That's why I say get live read outs ..
          Swapping everything will not work unless you divorce and marry to the car , but opcom will not touch that
          You would require VAux mdi diagnostic plugs Global TIS with pass through .
          If I change everything in one go ECU fueseboxes control modules speedo clocks ignition lock and pick up and keys why do I need to “divorce them and revise them to this car?.....
          As they will already be able to communicate to each other?..

Comment

Because they are programmed to another car not yours .
            Wether you replace 1 or all modules still requires coding to your car .
            Any way do you require control modules at the moment?

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Because they are programmed to another car not yours .
              Wether you replace 1 or all modules still requires coding to your car .
              Any way do you require control modules at the moment?
              Please excuse my ignorance here
              If I replace all the “security” stuff in a job lot what else do they talk to or need coding to on my car?....
              Sorry if this is a dumb question

Comment

Going round in circles and it is not fixing the car .
                But if you know best then that's super duper with me .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Going round in circles and it is not fixing the car .
                  But if you know best then that's super duper with me .
                  I definitely don’t know best I was just trying to get a better understanding
                  I will plug in op come in a while and try to get some values and data

Comment

Working...
                  X