No announcement yet.

Headlight issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adaptive Front Lighting,the car is looking for it,hence the warning light,fault codes will also be stored.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by essexnewbie View Post
      No as you said the dashboard isn't lighting up or anything, I do get the message about AFL coming up though.
      Everything seems to work except the full beam, I've read in a few places people having a issue with the day running lights in similar scenarios but I'm not getting that issue.
      Thanks.
      Hi there,

It would be very easy to make a simple circuit to solve your problem.

Your current wiring will still have a trigger wire to tell the shield in the xenons to drop, you must identify this wire, I can have a look in my Haynes manual.

You can use this to control a relay and power the main beam bulbs from the fuse box, fuse them of course.

It's really quite straight forward, I can draw your a circuit diagram if you like? Email me

Roverspeed@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by roverspeed View Post
        Hi there,

Your current wiring will still have a trigger wire to tell the shield in the xenons to drop, you must identify this wire, I can have a look in my Haynes manual.

You can use this to control a relay and power the main beam bulbs from the fuse box, fuse them of course.

It's really quite straight forward, I can draw your a circuit diagram if you like? Email me

Roverspeed@gmail.com
        well done mate...……….very very kind of you.

just shows what kind of members are on our community.

your a star buddy

Rab…...……..

Comment

Where did roverspeed come from he's like the dove from above .
          Just be careful of showing your email address , you never know who's lurking , due to GDPR .
          But what a man !

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi there,

Roverspeed@gmail.com
            Will there be an issue with all the AFL sensors/inputs? i.e. auto dip/high beam, tunnel sensor, steering angle, vehicle pitch, vehicle speed, etc. There is a lot of computers that will be lacking a signal. I like if it was that simple, but I regret not? Maybe not?

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
              Will there be an issue with all the AFL sensors/inputs? i.e. auto dip/high beam, tunnel sensor, steering angle, vehicle pitch, vehicle speed, etc. There is a lot of computers that will be lacking a signal. I like if it was that simple, but I regret not? Maybe not?
              Heya,

Sorry I was only really referring to the main problem of having no functioning main beams. I'm pretty sure auto main/dip can be switched off in the menus.

As fair as the other things go, the afl light will still be lit.

As far as I can tell, the BCM (body control module) programming is what controls the various sensor inputs. My programming knowledge doesn't extend to opcom sadly, but I imagine either opcom can be be used to program from afl to halogen, or if changing the BCM to one from a car with halogen lights is another other. Again I don't know if it will need paired or learned by the car.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                Heya,

Sorry I was only really referring to the main problem of having no functioning main beams. I'm pretty sure auto main/dip can be switched off in the menus.

As fair as the other things go, the afl light will still be lit.

As far as I can tell, the BCM (body control module) programming is what controls the various sensor inputs. My programming knowledge doesn't extend to opcom sadly, but I imagine either opcom can be be used to program from afl to halogen, or if changing the BCM to one from a car with halogen lights is another other. Again I don't know if it will need paired or learned by the car.

I was thinking the same. The AFL system is a beast at the best of times with so many sensors interconnected. It might be possible to bypass it to work but there will be other issues and errors without some major programming, wiring, changing modules etc. OPCOM and the likes programming capability on the Insignia is very limited. Not sure but just something else, is an AFL system warning on the dash ok for MOT? Sorry, I don't want to sound too negative and I'm happy to be corrected, I just think it sounds too easy to simply bypass it with how sensitive AFLs always are.

Comment

MR buttons and MR Tens6 are 120% correct .
                  You would require at least vauxhall MDI2 with GDS2 tech win with SPS pass through.Tis 2000 or Global TIS ( if you can get a stable version ) for security code .
                  Also you may require a donor BCM from a non AFL insignia.
                  Either way it's not a case of just splicing and soldering .
                  Believe me , and I don't know if any of youhoo remember a thread on here where a chap had a case of non start on his insignia,
                  That one is still going on now via PM we are getting there but it's hard trying to resolve the issue.
                  Due to complexity of swapping , programming, and diagnostic.

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks for all the amazing advice everybody. I decided to bite the bullet & pick up another Xenon headlight in the end, plugged it in and everything sorted. No errors, lights all working as they should.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Nice when someone comes back and updates what the remedy was.
                        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Working...
                        X