No announcement yet.

Auto Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the S-tronic box in my Audi and the DSG box I had in my Scirroco were serviceable at certain mileage points.

Comment

There must be a selector option with the markings on the right.

The car pictured on page 11 of the current range brochure has one. Or is that a one off?

http://www.vauxhall....ehighlights.pdf
      Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

I know what you mean by driving it like you stole it. If I did that my hesitation/partial stall didn't happen even in the cold. Drive it conservatively and it played up!

Comment

So no dipstick for auto fluid, how do you check the level ?

Comment

The only draw back was the diesel consumption!!! I remember someone else saying the same to me when I had my issues! It was definitely a software issue in mine but put your foot to the floor and all was well. Never had one limp mode or light flash on mine though.

Comment

If it's working I'd say don't get it done. Mines was great before the update which buggered it up!

Comment

BMW I had was "sealed for life" still had a dipstick and it became recommended to replace oil at a

certain mileage

Comment

CHUDLEIGHPAUL, on 18 March 2015 - 08:48 PM, said:
                  BMWs have dipsticks for drivers.

? I'm a Bmw driver.
                  sigpic

Comment

It definitely isn't an 11 plate Black SRi is it. Sounds awfully like mine!! Good luck.

Comment

Unfortunately I traded mine in as I couldn't take it anymore. I hope it's the end of the saga for you. It's a nightmare when you know something is wrong but they never witness it. Good luck buddy. Report back and keep driving it like you stole it.

Comment

No worries. I really hope it stays away for you. They are fantastic cars when going well. Keep us posted if you have any further developments.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted, buddy. Albeit a very costly one. That's one thing they never checked on mine but my kick-down was never a problem. Did VX not offer to assist with the expense? Or that's a stupid question? At least you got it sorted and you/wife can happily drive the car. When the auto is working it is a decent box, not as refined as many but good all the same.

Comment

Sorry to hear about you splitting. Not a nice situation. All the best and I'll watch out for your VX line. :-)

Comment

I'm pretty sure I remember reading about it in my manual!

Comment

Although having had a look I can't now see it so maybe I've just read it on here before.

Comment

Working...
                                X