No announcement yet.

Engine Related 'Juddering'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find the thread now but here are some pics. You need to remove the engine cover and it's at the back left hand side.

This was how dirty mine was -

Yes just used carb cleaner
    sigpic

Comment

Ouch
      sigpic

Comment

Are they certain that is the problem... We all know garages think sometimes that is it and it turns out it isn't.
        sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Sounds expensive
          sigpic

Comment

Finger's crossed for you
            sigpic

Comment

leepinney, on 15 September 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:
              ooooo dont sound to good sorry to here.

ok my issues have gone so far.

after i cleaned the MAF, THE MAP SENSOR AND THERE WAS ALSO ANOTHER SENSOR JUST AFTER THE MAF BUT JUST B4 THE TURBO NOT SURE WHAT THIS IS.

anyway i took the maf and pipe off from the air box to the turbo also the sensor by the turbo which was also connected to the MAF pipe. i also took the map sensor off which was blocked up bad, as in the pic posted above.

i used carb cleaner and soft brush so get the more stubborn residue off the MAP sensor

spraying loads trough the pipe and MAF till it run clear ish also sprayed loads on MAP AND USED A SOFT BRUSH TO GET IT CLEAN. i used hair dryer to make sure all the cleaner was gone and all dry before i refitted. then i took it out give it a hiding and drove it as normal and no more nosie or judder.

but now got engine management light on took it to my mate he did try removing but he was unable to /he not very good with??the kit he got . anyway its off to garage thursday to have a lil work done so he will shut it off hopefully.

i will update this friday see how it is

BIG THANKS TO YOU ALL

HOPEFULLY THIS IS NOW SORTED????/> /> /> /> />

It's just a thought about the Engine Management But did you plugged all connectors for sensors back in?

Comment

Yeah I did think that. Did your mate get any errors up at all.
                sigpic

Comment

So what did the garage say?
                  sigpic

Comment

Ianralley, on 16 September 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:
                    Back to square one car been stripped not reluctor ring

Has your map sensor and EGR valve been cleaned?
                    sigpic

Comment

leepinney, on 16 September 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:
                      my car hasent gone in its tomorrow but my management light has gone out on its own so mrs been driving it last few days and next few days as she got work. but up till now its ok i think i just hope its fixed.

Touch wood it is all fixed for you. If your battery was still connected when you removed sensors it may have just picked up an error when they was removed and now the engine has been turned of etc it has just reset itself.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ianralley, on 16 September 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:
                        New egr valve fitted there sending off turbo as its under warranty to be checked I will pop to garage tomorrow to check map sensor where is it located ?

Look at pics further back in this post that I have added. I cleaned myself.
                        sigpic

Comment

MAP manifold absolute pressure sensor or simply boost sensor. It measure boost pressure. ECU is controlling BCV based on MAP readings and BCV than operates turbocharger vacuum actuator

New sensor doesn't need to be coded

Comment

Haha forgot to plug back in classic. Sounds like something I would do... Anyway by doing this out looks like you have found your problem... A faulty sensor. Think they are about ?70. Doesn't been programming just take old off and PLUG () new one back in. Job done. Let us know if this fixes the problem.
                            sigpic

Comment

I see VX still haven't got to the bottom of engine judders. That's over 3 years since they said mines was a characteristic of the car!??I smell BS!!

Comment

That depends. If you read up on the posts on here it could be multiple things. Some people have got it fixed. Some haven't. I cleaned my map sensor and my egr valve and it fixed mine. Other people have done other stuff. Unfortunately. You need to read up and try different things. Going to garage could be expensive; they could change a part which they think is the problem and it won't fix it. Then could change something else and as you can imagine this all adds up. Plenty of posts on here about it, read up and see if you can fix yourself before taking to a garage
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X